Special at Hannants

Cheetah11

I'd never buy a actual kit from Hannants. All their prices are full retail, whereas if you shop around you can get up to 25% off from other sources (including Amazon.)

Where they win for me is stuff like Barracuda or Eduard AM products, where buying direct (if you are in the UK) is prohibitive.

1 hour ago, BloorwestSiR said:

The HK Lanc is currently on sale at Freetime Hobbies for $199 US plus free shipping in the US.

https://freetimehobbies.com/1-32-hk-models-avro-lancaster-mk1-s-sugar-le-edition-w-clear-parts/

I'm in Canada or I would have picked one up.

Carl

wow that IS cheap!

Big H - love them dearly but their kit prices are a joke

The regular Lanc has been at £300 for some time. I'll risk being lynched as a heretic and say I'm more interested in these beasts in 1/48 scale. Hoping HKM do a 1/48 Dambuster and seriously consider a quarter inch scale Halifax, but nothing to impede progress of their 1/32 F-4K Phantom II!

Jets simply fit on the shelf better. WnW's detachable outer Lanc wings is very sensible. Now just need one of those — forgotten the name — Queen Mary or something similar RAF aircraft trailers.

Hannants are best for AM including their own Xtradecals. 

Tony

I had a slight accident the other day (well I am an old man and it happens!) - I knocked over a bottle of airbrush cleaner and some of it went over part of my Gladiator sprue, the stuff “ate” into the plastic and ruined the surface detail. I immediately contacted ICM to see if I could get a replacement sprue. The first thing they wanted to know was where I’d bought it; because it was Hannants and they are an official stockist, ICM are sending me a free sprue. So the moral is, Hannants may be full price, but official! They are also damned quick.

Edited by mozart

On 12/17/2019 at 8:12 AM, nmayhew said:

wow that IS cheap!

Big H - love them dearly but their kit prices are a joke

I've never ordered from them, but I will be in 2020, as they have some 1:72 century series AM that I don't really find anywhere else, especially for the prices offered.

On 12/17/2019 at 10:10 AM, robertmro said:

A lot of potential customers may be holding off for the Wing Nuts Wings version. There is only so much room one has for these monsters. 

You may be onto something. The WnW Lancaster kit is clearly far more detailed than the HK version, to the point that it will probably justify its likely higher retail price. I bought one of the HK kits (I think I paid around $270 for it) but definitely want to get one each of the WnW kits when they are released (standard B.I/III and dambuster). If HK offered their kit with bulged bombay doors and a tallboy I might get another one.