1/32 ZM Henschel Hs-129 B-2......FINISHED

monthebiff

20 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

That looks tremendous. Is that the leather decals IIRC?

Ive built a couple of ZM kits and although some say they are over-engineered, I personally have rated their fit as exceptional. Ive only built their Spad and a J7W for a customer to date though. 

Andy,

How do you find the overall feel/fit/"buildability" of the newest gen ZM kits?    (I'm planning on starting one of my own soon)

Hi Brian,

Yes I used Uschi van der Rosten leather decals, fragile but work brilliantly once you get used to them.

Regarding the fit of this one I do have to say it is very, very good. What I do like about the fit of this kit is that the tolerances are tight but not over the top tight making it a joy to build.

Regards. Andy 

4 minutes ago, monthebiff said:

Hi Brian,

Yes I used Uschi van der Rosten leather decals, fragile but work brilliantly once you get used to them.

Regarding the fit of this one I do have to say it is very, very good. What I do like about the fit of this kit is that the tolerances are tight but not over the top tight making it a joy to build.

Regards. Andy 

Thanks!  Just what I was hoping to hear with this looming in my peripheral............

zmi_32014_title.jpg

14 minutes ago, monthebiff said:

Regards. Andy 

So far I have only built their 1/32 Kettenkraftrad but the fit was so good on it I actually didn't use cement on some parts as they stayed put quite nicely on their own.

18 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Thanks!  Just what I was hoping to hear with this looming in my peripheral............

zmi_32014_title.jpg

Nice, I have the Kai Tei and done a fair bit of build done but no paint yet, excellent fit once again and you will enjoy.

Regards. Andy 

45 minutes ago, Gazzas said:

I haven;t been following along as much as I'd like.  But damn that cockpit detail looks great, Andy!

Its definitely an enjoyable kit Gaz and the cockpit mouldings are nicely detailed, had some fun trying to replicate the coverings on the armoured tub.

Regards. Andy 

With the fuselage pretty well complete and needing to get the nacelles fitted to the wings, attention has turned to the engines as these need fitting prior to the naceles fitting around them. 

A good day at the bench with all engine sub assemblies built and lightly undercoated with primer.

20191214-155508.jpg

Fit is excellent and looking forward to having some fun painting and weathering them.

Regards. Andy 

On 12/8/2019 at 4:38 AM, Radub said:

I know that in the photos of the cockpit restoration one can see that the cockpit walls were lined with leather. I have not come across such specification in any documentation, but it makes sense to insulate the pilot from the steel walls - steel is more efficient at "storing" temperature than aluminium (that is why radiators are made of Al) , which may make insulation important in the heat of the desert or the cold of the winter.

Radu

I'm just curious about this - when you say steel is more efficient at storing temperature, what do you mean?  Are you referring to heat capacity (i.e., the amount of heat required to raise one unit of mass of the substance by one unit of temperature)?

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Mark_C said:

I'm just curious about this - when you say steel is more efficient at storing temperature, what do you mean?  Are you referring to heat capacity (i.e., the amount of heat required to raise one unit of mass of the substance by one unit of temperature)?

Thanks.

I mean "don't lick the lamppost". ;)

Radu

After another full on week at work but not withstanding a couple of really nice chilled days away in York with the wife I managed to get some more done on the Henschel over the last couple of evenings and managed to get the engine sub assemblies painted and assembled.

IMG-20191221-WA0016.jpg

20191221_215114.jpg

20191221_215126.jpg

20191221_215142.jpg

Straight out of the box and decided not to go overboard on them as not much will be seen. The most difficult part of the engine assembly are the cradles.

20191221_163954.jpg

Three parts only but so fiddly to align,  I decided the best way to keep them aligned while the glue dried was to mount them to the engine firewalls 

20191221_162027.jpg

Also have the internals of the engine nacelles painted and ready for installation

20191221_163851.jpg

With the Christmas holidays around the corner now I'm hoping for some  serious progress over the next week or so.

Regards. Andy 

Edited by monthebiff