timvkampen

Any Tamiya 1/32 rumours?

1 hour ago, otis252 said:

It's really baffling to me that Tamyia hasn't just added 6-8 parts to the F-16 kit and released the F-16D. It's like a license to print money.

Chuck

From an enthusiasts standpoint, anything involving their favorite subject is always "a license to print money".   Did you not stop to consider that Tamiya probably put a great deal of thought into the decision to not release a D and came to the conclusion that it's actually not beneficial for them to do so?

Maybe their original F-16 kit didn't sell well enough?  If so, why would they double down on the D-model.  I would argue that despite the passionate posts of a few folks on a model forum, in the big scheme of things, a two seat F-16 just isn't that highly sought after by the general public. 

Plus - everyone knows that if Tamiya really wants a kit that will be a license to print money, they should release a UH-1D/H Huey!!!  

If not a 16D, then they should just discontinue their block 50 kit and release an all in one box to also include the block 32 sprues, that way any block C can be built OOB.

But I'm hoping for that 1/32 Tamiya F3D Skyknight later this year. Or at least their 1/32 Beaufighter.

On 4/13/2019 at 10:25 PM, Tony T said:

I can say the same thing about the SAAB J.35 Draken series. It's about time a European company such as Revell did it in 1/32. 

I wouldn’t look for Revell to do it - ever.  Unless something changes drastically at Revell, I wouldn’t look for any new tool aircraft models from them any more.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

I wouldn’t look for Revell to do it - ever.  Unless something changes drastically at Revell, I wouldn’t look for any new tool aircraft models from them any more.

Why is this the case, attitude of owners, economics?  I would be interested to know what is going on there.  It is disappointing as it is very clear that there is a set of 1/32 enthusiast that very much like the Revell style of kit tooling.  They tend to be affordable and cover the basics well without going overkill and available in many retail locations.  I think there is an important  place in the hobby for the Revell style of kit.

Edited by cbk57

Absolutes like "wouldn't ... ever", then softened with a get out clause "unless something changes" is a bit meaningless.

After last year's trauma and with the success of Revell reboxing (especially) Ukrainian kits, no new tools may well be its pattern of business in 1/32 aircraft for the near future. After all, Revell has a fillet finned Mustang, Me 262 A-1a, F/A-18F and G in the landing or holding pattern, plus whatever ICM do, like the Gloster Gladiator, to rebox. 

I would hope there is scope for some other neue variante, like a Ju 88 C-6. 

It all looks healthy to me. And I said "such as Revell". ICM, FLY, Special Hobby, Italeri et al are all contenders for 1/32 new tools too. AFAIK there's a car door Typhoon, Tornado and Tunnan to add to the aforementioned aircraft subjects that we know of. 

Tony 

On 4/14/2019 at 3:19 AM, LSP_Ron said:

I googled it  

A26

70' wing x 50' fuse

Mossie

54' wing x 44' fuse

that means +- 10cm in w and 5-6 fuse

Tamiya will release a new aircraft kit..... a 1/48 Spitfire Mk.Va or b.

Nothing in 1/32

I have it on good authority in a dream.

Nah, Tamiya will do a Mk I for the upcoming Battle of Britain 70th Anniversary, complete with raised rivets on the tail and flush rivets elsewhere, and details to do all types of Mk I from first production to last production, AND include a little model of a flying pig.  :) 

PR

PS In 1/48 they'll do a Mk Vc

Edited by Pete Roberts

9 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Why would anyone do a Mk.Va?  There was a tiny handful built.

Revell have, in a way - the oil cooler on the Mk II kit is more like a V.  In any case, one extra part - oil cooler - in a Mk I/II kit, job's done.

6 hours ago, Pete Roberts said:

Nah, Tamiya will do a Mk I for the upcoming Battle of Britain 70th Anniversary, complete with raised rivets on the tail and flush rivets elsewhere, and details to do all types of Mk I from first production to last production, AND include a little model of a flying pig.  :) 

PR

PS In 1/48 they'll do a Mk Vc

Now wouldn't that be a dream, although I heard the pig started flying training, but got the chop. (Sorry, one of my rasher posts.)  :whistle:

A Vc would be good in 1:48 and 1:32.

3 hours ago, Troy Molitor said:

12 pages of wonderful endless banter of individual dreams. You guys are awesome.  Where else can you find this in a modeling forum, eh?  Carry on and hoping you don’t glue your fingers together anytime soon.

Troy 

And the prize for the snarkiest post of the day goes to....

Edited by John1