Any Tamiya 1/32 rumours?

timvkampen

18 hours ago, cbk57 said:

Now I do believe Tamiya is committed to Plastic models, 1/32 is one subject among many not a primary subject.  So for those that expect a constant stream of Tamiya LSP's or hope for such a thing it is no more than a pipe dream.  As LSP enthusiasts we will do well to embrace the companies that are committed to airplanes in our scale and enjoy the rare Tamiya LSP because that is the best we can hope for.  

Indeed. For Tamiya, 1/32 aircraft are a niche within a niche within a niche within a niche. Frankly, we're lucky to get anything from them.

There were rumblings of the Mk IX coming before it was announced, same with the Corsair and the Mossie.

For the last 18 months or more, it's been crickets.....  I honestly don't think they have anything immediate up their sleeves.

If anything does materialize it would be my guess that it will be German and will have 1's, 9's and 0's in its designation but it's anyone's guess what order last two digits are assembled. 

1 hour ago, LSP_Ron said:

There were rumblings of the Mk IX coming before it was announced, same with the Corsair and the Mossie.

For the last 18 months or more, it's been crickets.....  I honestly don't think they have anything immediate up their sleeves.

If anything does materialize it would be my guess that it will be German and will have 1's, 9's and 0's in its designation but it's anyone's guess what order last two digits are assembled. 

I knew about the Spit at least a year in advance, the Mustang & Corsair about six months. The Mossie was the worst kept secret.

I had friends at Vintage Wings who tipped me off, all four aircraft were researched there. So was the Mustang.

30 minutes ago, ScoobyDoo said:

I knew about the Spit at least a year in advance, the Mustang & Corsair about six months. The Mossie was the worst kept secret.

I had friends at Vintage Wings who tipped me off, all four aircraft were researched there. So was the Mustang.

So no ‘rumblings’ there Scooby Doo?

Edited by Pup7309

2 hours ago, LSP_Ron said:

Good that settles it then. Happy with that I’ll hold off buying those kits in 1/32 until...?

28 minutes ago, Pup7309 said:

So no ‘rumblings’ there Scooby Doo?

Nope, they haven’t been around since. They never researched their P-40.

They did promise a FAA Corsair release, but I suspect that is like the F-16D release that we will never see.

1 hour ago, ScoobyDoo said:

Nope, they haven’t been around since. They never researched their P-40.

They did promise a FAA Corsair release, but I suspect that is like the F-16D release that we will never see.

Hi, thanks,

So a P40b or e-n ?(I imagine the later) I’d prefer a B but either would be good. I’d be happy to see them do a 190, 109 (prefer ‘e’) even though market is fairly saturated.

Sounds like 1/32 a/c are off the menu for now though. So maybe the thread should be other than Tamiya...:hmmm:

Edited by Pup7309

13 hours ago, LSP_Ron said:

Would like to see their take on a large scale 262...

With the Mossie, their last one in 1/48 had been many years earlier, same with the Corsair.  If Tamiya were going to suddenly release a lsp with some degree of surprise, i think it would be a 109g or p-38.  I personally don’t consider.a 1/32 p-38 likely.  I also don’t think we will see another lsp in 2020.  However if they were going to do one next year they could have theirs ground work in place for the 109 already.  Same really with the Lightning.  

In any event I am firmly in the camp that we will get more LSP’s from tamiya but not necessarily any time soon and not frequently.  If we are really luck maybe we get one next year at the earliest.  Personally i am not that worried as i am a huge tamiya fan in general so if they do a car i like, a tank i like, a1/48 plane i like it is all good for me.

Some might consider a 1/32 P-38 unlikely. I, however, think it would be a perfect companion for the Mosquito. Unlike the Mosquito, such a model would offer an easily viewable cockpit (Mosquito's is enclosed) and gun bay (Mosquito's main feature cannon and bomb bay is underneath). Then there are those twin Allisons with their turbo superchargers. There are lots of nice Merlins out in 32 world but no Allisons with similar levels of detail. The initial release could be a P-38J with a follow-on of the P-38L. Maybe even offer a night fighter after interest in the J and L dies down. And, like the P-51, one would have the choice of camouflage or a gleaming metal subject that stood out from the crowd. Yes, there are the Trumpeter and the very old Revell kits but neither are up to Tamiya's quality and those Allisons are either largely or completely enclosed. So, yes, I think a Tamiya P-38 would be a logical choice and one that I most certainly would purchase.

22 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

Another VW machine ...

hurricaneIV_ed1.jpg

:coolio:

I'd be all over that Hurricane.  Probably more than once too.  I've already done the Spitfire above (SL721) in her original RAF markings so it would be a great pairing.

9 hours ago, Grizly said:

Some might consider a 1/32 P-38 unlikely. I, however, think it would be a perfect companion for the Mosquito. Unlike the Mosquito, such a model would offer an easily viewable cockpit (Mosquito's is enclosed) and gun bay (Mosquito's main feature cannon and bomb bay is underneath). Then there are those twin Allisons with their turbo superchargers. There are lots of nice Merlins out in 32 world but no Allisons with similar levels of detail. The initial release could be a P-38J with a follow-on of the P-38L. Maybe even offer a night fighter after interest in the J and L dies down. And, like the P-51, one would have the choice of camouflage or a gleaming metal subject that stood out from the crowd. Yes, there are the Trumpeter and the very old Revell kits but neither are up to Tamiya's quality and those Allisons are either largely or completely enclosed. So, yes, I think a Tamiya P-38 would be a logical choice and one that I most certainly would purchase.

I aqree with you.  A P-38 would sell well though I think Tamiya would sell more versions of the kit if they did a G or H, followed by a J or L and an M as the third option.  I'd buy at least two, but more likely all three.

Cheers,

Michael