BF-110G4, Dragon + AIMs = 2Z+AA

Shawn M

The book above would probably be of no help for what you're attempting, but it's still awesome. I do have both Zerstörer volumes of the Classic Publications Luftwaffe Colors series too, if you're interested.

1 hour ago, LSP_K2 said:

The book above would probably be of no help for what you're attempting, but it's still awesome. I do have both Zerstörer volumes of the Classic Publications Luftwaffe Colors series too, if you're interested.

Great book K2, I have one and it does help with the G-4 a bit as the air frame is about the same. I got this book when I was doing my Revell G-4 and it helped a lot. 

Not sure if you know it but that book is going for over $300 on Amazon, I paid $24 for mine on ebay a few years ago.

Dan

12 hours ago, Daniel460 said:

Great book K2, I have one and it does help with the G-4 a bit as the air frame is about the same. I got this book when I was doing my Revell G-4 and it helped a lot. 

Not sure if you know it but that book is going for over $300 on Amazon, I paid $24 for mine on ebay a few years ago.

Dan

Oh yes, some of the Classic books seem to fetch some outrageous asking prices. I've had the Mistel book on my list for ages now, but there's no way I'd even consider the ridiculous prices asked for that. I would eventually like to have all four Me 262 volumes though, and I can usually find those at decent prices.

Kev, I would LOVE to spend some time what that book, its one Im missing in my collection. For the same reason Dan noted to boot!

Im trucking on this weekend, gotten almost a whole week of bench time in!

Lower cowlings on, again they fit like a glove!

A little proud at the the aft end where the outlet of the oil coolers are, but an easy fix!

39670937353_47eb5de45a_b.jpg

39670936953_00bf49c219_b.jpg

39670936443_51c61f5659_b.jpg

After fixing that, it was time to test fit the oil coolers, so far this is the first part I've found that had some resin bubbles in them requiring a fix. To me thats SUPER impressive. Well done John!

Again, look at this fit! Its like an IM conversion vs. resin.

39670936023_8f3e9a067c_b.jpg

39670935343_8e8fd4d255_b.jpg

39670934793_96c7270468_b.jpg

39670934293_7060150898_b.jpg

39670933853_e6c222c70f_b.jpg

I dont think Im going to add the PE cooler flaps.

Im working on the exhaust panel mods now that I've finished the final fit test of the upper/lower wings halves and gear inserts.

Edited by Shawn M

wanted to add two build tips for those out there that have this conversion in the stash.

Im you add support strips to the inside of the magneto bulge/wing joint they will interfere with the top of the firewall/landing gear bulkhead.

Unless you plan to do an exposed engine/open cowls, save yourself some time and trim the top of the firewall/bulkhead like this:

45721489675_30efb0475f_b.jpg

This way you dont have to go back and tweak and shave to clear the supports you added.

For the oil coolers.

The cast and flashed opening in the oil cooler cover is large, in my opinion way bigger then needed although this area is baaaaarely visible seen here opened up.

39670936953_00bf49c219_b.jpg

That is UNLESS you open the nice PE cooler duct door, then you see the gaping maw into the cowling!

The Oilcooler cores sit at the very front of the opening. If you cut carefully you can keep the remaining "flash" to fill the void and giving you a roof to the duct that seals it off from the rest of the empty cowling.

The area behind the oil cooler come flashed over and could be saved if opening the oil cooler duct.

32761693798_4d04aa897d_b.jpg

Edited by Shawn M

1 hour ago, Shawn M said:

Kev, I would LOVE to spend some time what that book, its one Im missing in my collection. For the same reason Dan noted to boot!

No problem at all, my friend. We'll try to arrange something whenever you want.

On 1/7/2019 at 5:49 PM, Shawn M said:

Thanks!

Working on the exhaust cut outs now and debating accuracey vs. ease and how much 1mm actually matters in the grand scheme of things

Not a lot Shawn, go for "ease" every time if the difference isn't too glaringly obvious!  Who'll know?