BF-110G4, Dragon + AIMs = 2Z+AA

Shawn M

Ugh, that's a tough break. The one thing I've taken away from building this kit is that the instructions as definitely not to be trusted. There's too many errors and not all of them are on the E&O posted on Hyperscale. Hopefully you'll be able to salvage the gear for your second kit. 

Carl

landing gear sorted and almost ready to prime, still need to add the oil bars but THESE are correct!

46692198582_81a184e312_b.jpg

46692199262_292a888302_b.jpg

since I'd already cut the pour blocks off of and hollowed the inside of the drop tanks, I glued the halves together tonight

46692199862_7c18a1d3db_b.jpg

and while that dried I glued the vertical stabs onto the horizontal

46692200592_8d630a5f5c_b.jpg

and while those dried, I cut, fit and glued in some scrap resin to start shaping and filling the elevator mass balances

46692201172_ba328bf43a_b.jpg

thats all for tonight

Good to hear you won't be short landing gear Shawn. 

Since you're working on the tailplanes, don't glue on the tailwheel until after the tailplanes are attached to the fuselage. The tail assembly slides onto the fuselage, then the tailwheel fork goes through the end piece and into the fuselage. It's another error in the instructions as they have you install the complete tail as a subassembly.

Carl

Some seroius progress Shawn if not a little thwarted by the rally crappy Dragon destructions! Not sure if you are aware but you can leave the MLG off until final construction if yo so wish, check my G-4 build and make your own mind up.

Nice work on those flame dampers by the way!!

Regards. Andy

Andy I JUST went back through your build as I recalled you had done this, Im going to as well!

Hi Ray, yes I downloaded them and have them at my bench, this was a user error more then a Dragon error, although lets face it the instructions could be WAY clearer as to which parts are left and right.

Thanks Carl, I need to check on that still as I have the rear fuse "cone" assembled as a unit already since its on tracks that engage with the main fuse. I have Johns resin tailgear as well as the correct dragon one, I have options LOL

got some more work done over the weekend, I will get some pics shot tonight.

Elevators and landing gear are done. I started detailing the MG151's and conversion work for them, got the wheels drilled out for the landing gear legs, cut the resin tail wheel and gear free.

We had no power on saturday (had to toss and entire fridge of food) so that made modeling a little difficult as it was a balance of letting in light and letting out heat.