Short Sunderland MkII

tomprobert

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, kkarlsen said:

Hi Tom, any chance you are going to  resurrect the Sunderland build anytime soon?

Kent

Hi Kent,

Maybe... since I last updated this I've done the detailing of the other interior side wall of the nose section but not much more. I was looking over the fuselage the other day actually, but I've got so many other projects on the go I didn't really have the motivation to get going on it again. However, having just rediscovered this thread after so long has got me thinking... :rolleyes:

Tom

• 7 months later...
9 hours ago, tomprobert said:

Isn’t it strange how you can lose interest in a model for months, sometimes years, and then suddenly you pick it up and can’t put it back down again..?

Yes, yes it is ...

azOGqRE.jpg

8 minutes ago, Uncarina said:

Even more impressive, given your amazing work, is your workspace! Great to see this build again.

Cheers,  Tom

Unfortunately the kitchen table is all I have right now. I used to have the spare room where I could have everything out and pick it up as and when the mood took. However, since the arrival of our second baby I’ve been evicted! It does make it a bit of a bind getting everything out each time I want to build and my build rate is much slower, but there’s no alternative at the moment. 

Today I’ve been working on the centre section ‘bomb room’ and have made some good progress - hopefully some more piccies soon. 

Tom

5 hours ago, dennismcc said:

Nice to see this one back, it looks so impressive, I can remember building a 1/72 Airfix Sunderland when I was very young and how impressed with it I was.

Cheers

Dennis

Yeah - I've got a couple of 1/72 Sunderlands stashed - can't imagine building one of these in 1/32...

On 10/11/2020 at 3:54 PM, Alex said:

Yeah - I've got a couple of 1/72 Sunderlands stashed - can't imagine building one of these in 1/32...

She sure is a big girl in this scale - the sheer bulk of it in 1/32nd means there's going to be a lot of paint needed when the time comes.

I've been making some good progress this week - I've finished the main structure of the bomb room, finished off the interior sidewall structure of the forward fuselage, and made a start on the basic cockpit structure. It's too dark for pictures by the time I get home from work, but I'm planning on getting the camera out over the weekend.

Tom