Zvezda Star Destroyer - a new detailing project

The Madhatter

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Chris!

Quick update while I wait for my work meeting to kick off. I took some pics last night of one of many test fits of the front sidewalls and upper and lower hull plates. I have to keep adding the walls and plates together to make sure the detailing I've added tot he underside of the edge on the top plate and again on the bottom plate don't interfere with the details on the sidewalls etc. Its very time consuming but it'll all look pretty cool once its together.

Excuse the not so great photos. I promise next time they will be clearer

IMG_8009

IMG_8011

IMG_8012

IMG_8013

IMG_8008

Well, that's all I have for now, but once the front wall is done, I'll take a photo of the kit standard VS what I've done side by side so you can see the difference some extra details can make

Well I have to go back to work but as always, thanks for stopping by and having a look

Till next time!

Si

hey everyone

I took some time today to make use of the awesome daylight we've had here to get some more detailed shots of where I am up to right now. I'll have some more time to myself this week as the wife and child are heading off to see her family before Xmas before I go up to Brisbane to join them later. I hope to be able to use that time constructively

So yeah, the last set of photos didn't really convey what I'd actually done, and here's hoping these ones tell a better story

IMG_8020

IMG_8022 IMG_8023

IMG_8032

IMG_8034

IMG_8039

IMG_8038

IMG_8036

Well, that's it for now, but as always, thanks for stopping by and having a look

Till next time

Si

• 3 months later...

hey everyone

Dusting this one off to show that I have actually started back on this yet again.
Have begun the fun task of detailing the side walls, starting off with the front. This is pretty much where I left off in the last update but I am now more advanced along. Although it may not look it, a heap of small details have been added to the lips of the 2 hull halves. Whilst they don't look like much on their own, when you add the rest of it together, it fills the spaces nicely.

I'm almost done for the front with only the right side front panel left to do which won't take long. Then naturally I'll make my way down the sides. I also have to add details to the under sides of the top half of the ship which I missed the first time round. I thought i was done detailing the top bit but alas, no

Enough words, here's some pics:

IMG_8233

IMG_8230 IMG_8227

IMG_8228

IMG_8237

https://flic.kr/p/2kSs8jo

Edited by The Madhatter

IMG_8244

IMG_8239

I'm often asked for a size reference.Maybe this may help:

IMG_8242

Anyway, that's all I have for now but I'll update once I'm fully finished the trenches.

Thanks for stopping by and for those who are actually still following this - you get an extra thanks for your enduring patience with me while I fumble my way through this

Till next time!

Si