Zvezda Star Destroyer - a new detailing project

The Madhatter

Thankyou guys. Im going to take a short break from this to build a couple of ship kits ( as well as make some new molds using new parts from said new ship kits :) ).  I think I have settled on my plan of attack regarding painting verse fibers: I'm going to paint the side walls first, attach the fibers and then glue all the parts together, tie up loose detailing then paint the rest. That should be fine. Seems so logical and obvious really

So, the next update will see painted parts! Yay

Edited by The Madhatter

• 2 months later...

Nice one! I hope we'll get to see a WIP from you? I do enjoy watching your builds.

Its funny you should bring this up now as I picked it up again last night and recommenced work on it. I have a lot more detailing to add on the undersides of the top half of the hull which I forgot  about 

12 hours ago, The Madhatter said:

Nice one! I hope we'll get to see a WIP from you? I do enjoy watching your builds.

Its funny you should bring this up now as I picked it up again last night and recommenced work on it. I have a lot more detailing to add on the undersides of the top half of the hull which I forgot  about 

Well, I should probably offload a few kits before I make a start on something else. Dauntless requires more work too. But, I'm sure I'll get something up, someday......though it won't come within a parsec of the detail you've added!

Looking forward to seeing more updates :)

6 minutes ago, Brett M said:

I've got some you can "acquire"....plus, it helps funds starships B)

Starships aren't a bad thing at all!     Ive got a few Sci Fi ships, but mainly only Bandai Star Wars stuff.  I guess the MF would be considered a star ship?   The new tool Bandai 1/72 MF was a dream of mine, and I finally got a chance to get one with the lighting kit.

And a BIG shout out to Madhatter, as it was his input from PMs and this thread that spured me to finally get one, as well as rig up the lighting on my F-104D 

nice acquisition there Brian. I don't have the display space for a 72nd Falcon, but I also don't need one as I have both the 1/350 and the Lando versions. Still, I've seen some great ones online so am keen to see how you go with it. The good thing about Bandai's lighting kits is that it doesn't leave much room for error, so you can't go wrong, whereas my way - well, needless to say, I've had my share of failures to last me a lifetime