1/48th Boeing B-52H Stratofortress

tomprobert

21 hours ago, tomprobert said:

Afternoon all,

A bit more progress to report... the vortex generators have now been added to the upper wing surfaces. I added some Tamiya tape to use as a guide and marked this with the position for each individual piece of photoetch and slowly worked my way along each wing:

53473384956_29dd7f0601_b.jpg

53473384941_8f24b0996d_b.jpg

Pretty tedious stuff and took a couple of evenings, but once the tape was removed it was well worth the effort:

53473384936_8566e2f3e3_b.jpg

Now to do the same for the stabilisers... both upper and lower surfaces. I might be a while!

Until next time,

Tom

You'll need a holiday after all that Tom! Ever inspirational work Tom as always and full kudos to Peter for producing a set of etch vanes for you (I do hope that you have a spare etch set for the inevitable loss of some during handling, etc).

Cheers

Derek

On 1/20/2024 at 10:54 AM, Derek B said:

You'll need a holiday after all that Tom! Ever inspirational work Tom as always and full kudos to Peter for producing a set of etch vanes for you (I do hope that you have a spare etch set for the inevitable loss of some during handling, etc).

Cheers

Derek

Ha! Cheers, Derek and yes I do have a few spare just in case. I did try to make them from plastic card, but getting them all uniform in size and shape quickly led me to giving up. I’m very grateful to Peter for helping out. Given there are 230 of the little blighters on this, I hope I can be forgiven for taking the easy way out..?

Anyway, on the continued subject of vortex generators, the stabilisers have now been done. 

53477715713_758f51ebe1_b.jpg

53477715728_887cf51577_b.jpg

53477571306_8dc9931efc_b.jpg

I now need to busy myself with making lots of little aerials which are dotted all over the airframe!

Until next time,

Tom