Hobby Boss 2018 1/32 Releases...

Dennis7423

Is not Trumpeter famous for announcing kits that never materialize?

Is not Hobby Boss a part of Trumpeter?

If in fact they ever build a 1/32 kit of a B-24, I think I would have to get one as the thing would be huge and impressive, despite the flaws it would undoubtedly come with.  I'd overlook that in a heartbeat as long as the overall appearance is about right.

I might even revert to my youth and hang it from the ceiling!  For years I hung a 1/48 Monogram B-24D from the ceiling down in the family basement.  Had the shark mouth decals on it...I think the plane was "Moby Dick".

I don't get the negativity, every Hobby Boss 1/32 kit has been released without delay, so why should the Liberator be different? But now I remember... there's that doomsday cult who said, mmmhmmm... :coolio:  that the world - just earth, so any Martians reading this worry not - is going to end the day after the first 1/32 B-24 kit is released!

Anyhoo, all the very best for 2018, just don't make any plans for 2019.  :rolleyes: 

No it didn't...

But the 109 never had the multitudes of varying window/turret combinations that the B-24 had.

Mark Proulx

Realistically, I think they are only going to make one J kit. Maybe if we're lucky they put in both the Emerson and Consolidated nose turrets, maybe just one. I think the best we can hope for is that they offer one accurate configuration. The costs of the mold are going to already be high enough to prohibit making every conceivable combination of turrets, canopy, and nose glass. Even Monogram never messed with all that in their 1/48 kit.

I just wish they'd throw in a ERCO nose turret to make a PB4Y-1.

Never thought I'd get to build a 1/32 Liberator in the markings my Great Uncle flew in, now it looks like I will, similar to this...

https://ws-clave.deviantart.com/art/B-24-GB-356-Sqn-1-548104850

A photo he took of the Bridge over the River Kwai

http://www.rafb24.com/index.php?option=com_rsgallery2&page=inline&Itemid=&id=310

If they do copy from a kit (we are talking "CopyBoss" here) hope they use the 1/48 Monogram kit - Correct the Ball turret position first!

Even if they do keep it how it is, issue is moot since I would do a Ploesti Raider...

Sure would want a clear fuselage half if it incorporated inner details

Edited by phasephantomphixer

Why a mistake? Its simply a first for them, they arent afraid of large scale at all so would have thought them the logical choice for a surprise large scale large release?

Why cant you see a main stream company releasing one? Hk have two large 4 engined releases out with a lancaster due shortly HB simply want a slice of the action with the most produced 4 engined bomber of all time...

Aware that the B24 is a minefield.. you know what, i for one dont care if they get it perfect, close , not so good or even crap, at least its another 4 engine heavy i can enjoy building without resorting to a full scratchbuild.

My predictions are that it will be crucified way before its realeased, it will be a fair to middling kit but most will hate it and class it as unbuildable due to either its lineage or the writers will to be a ( unwittingly ill informed) keyboard warrior

Happy xmas ....;) discuss.....

I'll be happily proven wrong when I see the kit.

If it's at a good price point, I'd probably even buy one!

From my understanding, the P-61 had some inaccuracies (landing gear doors and nose for example), and their Il-2 had some surface texture issues (rear fuselage riveted when it should have been smooth wood). However, at the end of the day, the P-61 looked like nothing but a P-61, and the same can be said for the Il-2. I'm optimistic the B-24 will be the same.

I'll probably get one, because it's a strangely attractive lumbering beast. Certainly looks like a bomber meant for war.

Here's to hoping in the near future we'll get the bomber that just seems would be perfect in our scale... a B-26 Marauder. I can dream, right?

I'd love to see a 24D but the J would be welcome too.  I don't know too much about the Libs, nor do I have a lot of printed matter on it.  I much prefer the 17 to the 24 but I'd buy a copy of either (or both).  Hmmm...if they did an H, they could release all 12 Zodiac bombers decals.... Now that'd be something.

If they do the D, I think I'll fancy myself doing a PB4Y-1 in anti-submarine camo.  An AWFUL lot of white on a plane that size.

As others have said ... Trumpeter and Hobby Boss are very quick at whacking down "place cards" on particular kits ... 

Arrival times to market ... if even at all ... are less forthcoming.

Having said that ... I'm in for an O/D ETO variant.

Not noted for their supreme accuracy ... but close enough not to stress most out here.

Il.2 series wasn't bad ... as was the P.61 ... a couple of errors depending on the variant you would like to make - AM around to fix should you wish :D

Vb Spitfires were a little off ... More in shape than anything else ... but some handy resin from HpH sorts some of the more obvious talking points out on that one also.

With all of the weird and wonderful variations ... If the variant in the box isn't accurate for the markings in the box ... it's liable to be reasonably accurate for something!

... and already ... I can foresee the AM industry going to town with correction sets and upgrades ...

Whether it arrives or not ... One less kit for HK to worry about (if they were even considering it)

Rog :)