1:32 Eduard EduArt P-47D Thunderbolt Bubbletop "Dottie Mae"

ringleheim

She has to be made of steel to sit on that wing with bare legs... or else they just moved the heater out of view of the artist/camera.

Tnarg

Sitting on the wings isn't the problem.

The problem will come when she tries to get off the wing without leaving her skin on the wing!

:)

So this is basically the Hasegawa kit with lots of Eduard extra thrown in.

Not sure the price is worth it.

Hasegawa kit with Eduard extras, new decal sheet, and an art print. And art prints of this size (I assume it's the same size as the Rise of the Bubbletops art print I have) usually aren't cheap.

In any case, it's a limited edition, not meant to be a great bargain or appeal to the same folks who like the weekend editions.

I plan to get one but I can understand why many wouldn't.

Made a "NEW YEARS RESOLUTION" not to buy any new kits until I had successfully built what is already preponderantly stacked on the shelves....

Evidently I am going to live forever........... :coolio:

Me, too! Nearly the exact same resolution! So, have only bought six kits so far since... :frantic:

But $45, plus all of the Eduard upgrades, plus the decals, plus the art print, probably gets you right around the ballpark of $150

There a not a lot of Eduard upgrades... a photoetched sheet mainly for the cockpit, two resin wheels and canopy masks. Part of the photoetched parts have to be purchased separately if you want a comprehensive coverage and the guns are not covered whereas this is one point that deserves improvement (even Hasegawa released them as an update).

I paid mine 89 euros. I am a fan of Hugault comics but would not have pay more for the package.

Hasegawa P-47 (45$) + photoetched parts or resin pit (25$) + resin wheels (15$) + canopy masks (10$)= 95$ + the print (30$) = 125$ and if you add other decals, you reach the same amount: 145$. I do not consider here any discount... So, you have to decide if the special edition box and the print deserve such a price.

Thierry

I think people are somewhat missing the point with the EduArt range - they're really for collectors, rather than builders. If you want to build the kit, then you can get the plastic and resin etc. cheaper by buying them elsewhere. If you want to collect the kit, then you get the model plus the poster and are safe in the knowledge that you own one of only 999 that exist.

Mind you, that's easy for me to say as my kit was free... :whistle:

There's a curious inverted snobbery in paying a cent under $156 USD for a kit that costs a third of that in its regular boxing. I suspect that once the kits are all sold out at regular vendors the "I wish I'd..." brigade will pay an even higher premium on eBay.

Psychologically, I think it might provide more pleasure than building a stock Hasegawa, and mght receive greater care and attention. Then you can put new Hasegawa bagged parts in the box - ha ha!

The reverse also holds true. You can buy (for example) Hawker Hunters so cheap that I had no problem transferring two from the SOD to the bin when having a clear the shelves/cleanse the mind session, knowing that there are two untouched boxes in the stash.

And in the scheme of things the price is probably becoming a new norm. The recent 1/48 Hobby Boss Su-34 is over £100 in Brexit money. (Not buying.)

Tony

edited, to mess about with words

Edited by Tony T

I think people are somewhat missing the point with the EduArt range - they're really for collectors, rather than builders. If you want to build the kit, then you can get the plastic and resin etc. cheaper by buying them elsewhere. If you want to collect the kit, then you get the model plus the poster and are safe in the knowledge that you own one of only 999 that exist.

Mind you, that's easy for me to say as my kit was free... :whistle:

I think you have hit the nail on the head with these being aimed at collectors rather than builders. Despite the cost they have sold really well and are just about out of stock with Retailers everywhere (however in this case there were 2000 Dottie Mae kits produced as opposed to the other EduArt releases produced so far that were limited to 999).

Duncan B (who has one of each so far!)