Jump to content

Rick K

  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Rick K last won the day on November 10 2015

Rick K had the most liked content!

1 Follower

About Rick K

  • Rank
    Senior Member
  • Birthday 02/09/1955

Contact Methods

  • Website URL

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Washington, DC
  • Interests
    Chasing my kids, gym rat, making my wife laugh. Steelers, Cheesesteak/With and bottle of Iron. Single malt and maduro.

Recent Profile Visitors

516 profile views
  1. a beauty Matt. Did you use 1:32 or 1:48 Turnbuckles?
  2. Watching you put the finish on this one Erik! Great detail work!
  3. My Aotake finish is a mix of Tamiya clears (11 parts X19 Smoke, 10 parts X23 Blue, 1 part X25 Green). Heavily thinned then a few passes on a silver base of Alclad Aluminum. I had planned to wire the ignition wires with lead wire. Braided wire? Love it I learn something. Will be checking in with RB soon. Erik, I did the EDU cockpit on my A6M2N and regretted it 30 minutes later. For me, the kit pit is well done. The EDU interior paint is hard to match. I did drill lightening holes and added some lead wire. The EDU Exterior 32162 is great for wheel well detail. I'm doing a PH build and the main color content is causing my little brain to freeze. I might do some ratio mathematics, counting over 100 drops will drive me batty. Hope to get my A6M2b back on the bench late spring. Will be watching this thread.
  4. Plenty of WWI types to produce. After WWI era you have: Pre WWII era Golden Wing era WWII WNW is nowhere near the end of it's cycle.
  5. The USAF A29 version has a FLIR "ball". Don't see one in the kit or on the art. Check out the exhaust stain on fuselage and tailplane! This is USAF A29. See armor panel on side of cockpit. (photo credit MartinB)
  6. Must find way to hit the bench more than once or twice a month. Thanks for organizing this Kev.
  7. Enter me in the LSP Christmas Raffle. I will donate as one gift: Williams Brothers 1:32 F9C Sparrowhawk Lone Star Models F9C Cockpit RB Productions RB-D32023 P51D Cockpit Floor (Varnished Wood) decals for Revell kit. RB Productions RB-D32024 P51D Cockpit Floor (Anti Slip Coated Wood) decals for Revell kit.
  8. Done Kudos Kev for starting this page. Really great to see all the contributions and support.
  9. I remember some guy selling TAM 1:32 F4U's for USD$5 on eBay. I heard it did not work out too well. That's what someone told me.
  10. FuG220 installation almost complete. This was fabricated via reverse engineering and 3D Print Technology. Using 1940's construction method. I did a walk around today and will post more images later. That's "Flak Bait" in the background.
  11. I am a complete mess. Almost every (hobby) I ever did peaked at a set goal. Impossible for me to settle for mediocrity. Nothing wrong with it. Just not how I flow. Skiing - Raised 8 miles from small ski resort. NASTAR races (ice is nice). Instructor for 2 seasons. Still skiing despite 2 knee replacements. Racquet Ball - Got to "A" level at my gym then tanked trying to break into top 5. Running - Started for the sole purpose to improve fitness level. 5k turned into 10k, Half Marathon, Marathon. My running days are over. Mt Biking - Casual pedaling around with my GF at the time. Turned into a single tracking maniac. 8k to 25k events. Crashed into tree, launched...got stuck 5 feet off ground. My mt. biking was done. Triathlon - Started on a dare. Got hooked. Bought a bike worth more than my car. Sprint triathlons then Olympic Triathlons then Half Ironman. Became certified USAT (USA Triathlon) Official, Referee, Course Marshal. Co founder of a popular triathlon in Georgia, site awarded GA State Championship for several years. Attempted full Ironman...this body just not made for that distance. It was a great 7 year run over 40 triathlons completed, one of my favorite hobbies. 140lbs 12% body fat, yup Squirrly Little White Guy. Continue to swim a few days a week. Just pound out 20 to 30 minute effort. Scale Modeling - Like many of us return after long period away. It truly is my therapy. I seem to gravitate to difficult kits. My current endeavor is Ice Hockey. I played in high school and college, think beer league. My son started playing this year, joining 4 of his soccer buddies. I'm on the ice with my kid on regular basis. Also Dad and Lad stick & puck sessions, really fun. I'm manager for my sons team with hopes to be on ice as assistant coach next year. Skating goal is to master cross-over skating backwards and get on an Adult Team (old guys, no checking allowed) by next spring. I'm definitely OCD. Apparently flawed from the start.
  • Create New...