Thanks, Carl. I don't expect to receive my order for a couple of weeks, but I don't expect to be back at the bench before then either. I'm going to give it a try on my P-39 instrument panel when the time comes.

Kev

Hopefully it works out for you Kev.

Made a small bit of progress. I wired the main IP using 0.3mm wire.

IMG_20160512_165836.jpg

IMG_20160512_165842.jpg

The wire was then painted RLM 04 yellow. I can't believe how fiddly this was. But I think it's sort of needed with all the glass in the cockpit.

Edited by BloorwestSiR

Yeah you pretty much have to go with a lot of detail in the pit on the 234. Wouldn't look right without. It'll look great when you're done.

Don

That's very true Don. It's just that this is my first try at doing any sort of cockpit wiring and it's very visible.

Carl

Awesome work on the panel .. looking fantastic

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thanks Peter! This has certainly been the most challenging cockpit I've built so far.

Carl, just caught up with your build. You're really turning out an excellent model, great fixes where required and attention to detail is   way above par.  :punk:

Paul

Thanks Paul! I'm glad you dropped in on this build.

Well, the moment of truth: mounting the canopy. I started by gluing it on one side and then the other as it was a bit narrow compared to the fuselage.

IMG_20160512_220018.jpg

Then I was able to test fit the IP and found out that the wires were too short. So I redid them making them longer than necessary this time so that I could trim them shorter instead.

IMG_20160512_223024.jpg

The replacement wires were then painted and once dry, I started test fitting it until I was able to get it in the right spot. I used CA as there was no way that cement would have dried in a reasonable time.

IMG_20160512_224843.jpg

From underneath:

IMG_20160512_232552.jpg

Once that sets up, I'll finish off the cockpit. There's a couple small panels to add plus the seat and control column. Then the front office will be done.

Carl

Thanks everyone! I haven't worked on it too much over the last couple of days but the cockpit is now finished. I added three last couple of parts which were the control column, leather pouch, breaker panel and the finished pilot's seat.

IMG_20160514_163822.jpg

IMG_20160514_163813.jpg

IMG_20160514_163841.jpg

IMG_20160514_163737.jpg

IMG_20160514_163752.jpg

I had to remove and reattach the IP as it was crooked when viewed from dead above. That was a bit nerve wracking but went OK. There are a few pieces to add to the upper canopy which I'll do after I check the fit of the canopy to the fuselage.

Carl

Edited by BloorwestSiR