I understand where you're coming from Carl, once you know something's not quite right your eye goes straight to it every time you see it, though others are unlikely to see it at all. It's called having standards!!! I had a similar issue with some flaps on a Bf110 with the same drastic remedy..........deep breath.......close your eyes and......snap! Mine worked out well too. Great fix!!

Max

Thanks everyone! As you all said, once I knew it was crooked, I couldn't stop looking at it.

Small bit of progress but moving forward nonetheless.

I started writing on the tailplane horns and found the kit ones a bit simplistic.

IMG_20160602_171545.jpg

I measured a piece of styrene rod and cut it to length.

IMG_20160602_171624.jpg

The stock one was removed and the rod glued in place.

IMG_20160602_171649.jpg

IMG_20160602_171723.jpg

Since the joint is a butt joint, I added a piece of wire to reinforce the joint.

IMG_20160602_171824.jpg

With the horn in place:

IMG_20160602_172830.jpg

Now to repeat five more times :)

Carl

Thanks Harv!

A bit more progress. I added the brake chute and cable to the bottom of the fuselage.

IMG_20160602_220811.jpg

IMG_20160602_223226.jpg

Don't worry, the cable won't stay purple :)

And then it was time for some paint.

IMG_20160602_230836.jpg

I'm going to paint this much as the way there actual aircraft was. First guess on the camo which is RLM 81,82 over 76. Then I have to do the winter overspray. Over which the Brits painted out the German markings and put on their roundels.

So, a bunch of paint...

Carl

I had a hard time figuring out the camo scheme. Close inspection of the side profiles included with the kit showed some inconsistencies and the Cutting Edge decal sheet only showed the port side. I decided to use some from the Hasegawa kit but they were for the "c" version so they may be different. Ultimately, they'll be mostly covered by the overspray for the winter scheme.

IMG_20160603_235923.jpg

IMG_20160603_235933.jpg

There is a bit of touch up to do as well as the nacelles. Then onto the undersides and the winter overspray.

Carl

I had a hard time figuring out the camo scheme. Close inspection of the side profiles included with the kit showed some inconsistencies and the Cutting Edge decal sheet only showed the port side. I decided to use some from the Hasegawa kit but they were for the "c" version so they may be different. Ultimately, they'll be mostly covered by the overspray for the winter scheme.

IMG_20160603_235923.jpg

IMG_20160603_235933.jpg

There is a bit of touch up to do as well as the nacelles. Then onto the undersides and the winter overspray.

Carl