Hi Carl

Just went back and re-read the thread from step one through today, picking up tip and after tip and enjoying your progress. I'm simply amazed at how 'calmly' you have overcome the obstacles to this point:

especially the nose gear and springs. I know I would never have thought of using mini springs - looks spot on. I've been struggling and using RB and HGW belts for years and fell right off the chair when I saw how easy you made it look; keeping the buckles on the fret until the belts are threaded through. I'm ashamed to admit, how many buckles I've lost over the years but I see that quickly coming to an end.

The seat and harness look awesome ... so very well done.

Thanks for the tips and ideas

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thanks Peter. I love the results you get so I really appreciate your comments. I've not had a lot of luck with belts either. This is probably the first time where they did go together reasonably well and weren't covered in glue. They ones in my Tamiya Mossie are a complete shambles compared to these. I think one of the reasons we have such a hard time is the instructions for the most part aren't very clear.

As for the springs, I originally thought they'd be good for oxygen hoses.

I've picked up so many tips from others on here that it's great to offer some in return.

Carl

Here's a pic of the canopy showing the clarity:

IMG_20160430_222712.jpg

It's good but there is a bit of a grainy texture to it.

I masked off the inside as part of the rear is solid and I didn't want the fuselage colour to show through.

IMG_20160430_223447.jpg

IMG_20160430_230617.jpg

Next was to make up the pedals.

IMG_20160430_230624.jpg

Attached to the supports:

IMG_20160430_232028.jpg

IMG_20160430_231951.jpg

At this point, there are a couple of side panels that are fitted to either side of the cockpit. The kit ones were a bit uneven so I made new ones from sheet styrene.

IMG_20160430_234320.jpg

With these in place, I checked the fit of the side consoles and here there is going to be a bit of a problem. I think I mounted the bulkhead a bit too far back as the pedals are too wide. I think they should stick out a bit forward from the fuselage sides rather than being just behind it.

IMG_20160430_235747.jpg

You can see the side console pushing the port pedal down and out of alignment. It actually snapped the support. Not much I can do about the bulkhead placement now do I'll just have to be careful on final assembly.

Guest Peterpools

Hi Carl

Absolutely and of course in my case, I always claim Old Age (68), the old eyes and depth perception isn't what it once was and a few others when needed. I just love the idea of keeping the buckles on the fret and threading the belts through them there without always fearing feeding them to the Carpet Monster.

Nice work on the canopy , lower front offcie side walls and the rudder pedals - they look perfect.

Keep 'em coming

Peter