The belts/seat do look really good!! You mentioned backing paper, the belts have adhesive on them? Do they stick down on the seat OK? Is the canopy one piece or two,vac formed or injection molded?

Don

The belts/seat do look really good!! You mentioned backing paper, the belts have adhesive on them? Do they stick down on the seat OK? Is the canopy one piece or two,vac formed or injection molded?

Don

Hi Don, there's some sort of thin vinyl backing paper. It just peels off. There is no adhesive on the belts. My guess is that it's to stiffen the material so it can be cut and printed.

The canopy is two pieces injection moulded. It's spilt horizontally. It's reasonably clear but has a bit of a texture to it.

Carl

Thanks Don and Brian! I had a bit of a panic last night. I couldn't find the seat, thinking I might have lost it moving it to work on the Spitfire. Fortunately I found it right where I'd forgotten I'd put for safe keeping. Here it is after test fitting in the cockpit.

IMG_20160429_222617.jpg

At which point I dropped the seat and nearly lost the armrests...

At this point, I thought it best to check the fit of the front fuselage and canopy.

IMG_20160430_102643.jpg

Everything externally seems to fit OK. The interior side panels might be a tight fit so I'll have to keep an eye on them.

Edited by BloorwestSiR

Perhaps, you should stop cleaning the bench? Looks good.

Thanks Shaka! You might be right on the cleaning too much part. I know you've seen some pics of my workbench when it was cluttered, but this was more typical:

e83f79807be70f45f8d62240848b8e77.jpg

Or:

IMG_20150308_194106.jpg

Or:

IMG_20150426_220125.jpg

And yet, I rarely lost anything.

That being said, I like the way it is now.

Edited by BloorwestSiR

Guest Peterpools

Hi Carl

Just went back and re-read the thread from step one through today, picking up tip and after tip and enjoying your progress. I'm simply amazed at how 'calmly' you have overcome the obstacles to this point:

especially the nose gear and springs. I know I would never have thought of using mini springs - looks spot on. I've been struggling and using RB and HGW belts for years and fell right off the chair when I saw how easy you made it look; keeping the buckles on the fret until the belts are threaded through. I'm ashamed to admit, how many buckles I've lost over the years but I see that quickly coming to an end.

The seat and harness look awesome ... so very well done.

Thanks for the tips and ideas

Keep 'em coming

Peter