How much detail do they provide with the kit as far as the pit goes? I remember an old Wings Magazine had a feature on the Smithsonian(?) bird and there was a LOT going on in the pit.

Don

Hi Don,

There's a fair bit of detail for the cockpit. Each of the instruments has a separate piece to attach to the rear of the IP. The pedals are in PE, the periscope is resin. The only possible let down might be the belts. I'll be replacing mine with ones from HGW.

I've started painting the cockpit using Gunze RLM 66.

IMG_20160420_204201.jpg

The moulded on cables have been painted with yellow on the starboard side and I've started on sooner of the dials and switches.

I've also broke out my second workstand to put the plane on.

IMG_20160421_155042.jpg

Thanks HÃ¥kan, although a bit slower the last coupler of days.

I've started work on the seatbelts. I'm using HGW belts as previously mentioned.

IMG_20160422_172129.jpg

This will be my second go at using their belts. My first try on my Tamiya Mossie was less than successful due to my not removing the backing sheet. I won't make that mistake this time

IMG_20160422_172257.jpg

One trick I picked up is to thread the belts through the PE buckles while they're still on the fret.

IMG_20160422_172724.jpg

It's much easier to handle and less likely to lose the buckle.

IMG_20160422_232858.jpg

Both shoulder belts assembled and in place on the seat. I'll do the lap belts tomorrow.

IMG_20160422_234730.jpg

Nice work on the seat belts, Carl! Threading the belts while the buckles are still on the fret is an interesting idea. I'll have to give it a try!

Kev

Very nice work with the belts and good tip too! :)

HÃ¥kan

Nice one on the seat belts such a simple idea, I must try it on my next one.

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks everyone! The instructions for the Wako fabric belts have it as part of their instructions so I can't take credit for it. It does make sense since you're then holding a much larger piece rather than the buckle itself. Edited by BloorwestSiR

Cockpit is looking nice Carl, very interested to see the front end come together on this one.

Thanks HÃ¥kan, although a bit slower the last coupler of days.

I've started work on the seatbelts. I'm using HGW belts as previously mentioned.

IMG_20160422_172129.jpg

This will be my second go at using their belts. My first try on my Tamiya Mossie was less than successful due to my not removing the backing sheet. I won't make that mistake this time

Hhmmm..........I did just the same on my HK Mossie Carl and by the time I realized there was no going back  :hmmm:

Regards. Andy

Cockpit is looking nice Carl, very interested to see the front end come together on this one.

Hhmmm..........I did just the same on my HK Mossie Carl and by the time I realized there was no going back  :hmmm:

Regards. Andy

Thanks Andy. Did you use the Eduard version of the belts on your Mossie? That's what I had and their instructions didn't mention the backing sheet.

Carl,

EXCEPTIONAL work .

The seat belts etc are mighty IMPRESSIVE.

Keep on doing super build. :party0023:

Thanks Maru! Hopefully tonight I'll have some more time at the bench.

Carl

good tip there on the HGW belts - I have a Spitfire Sutton Harness set that I have been dreading trying to put together (has to be 30parts) but that tip should help.

Your 234B is coming right along and looking great!

Thanks Petrov! I really wish they would work on their instructions a bit. I think that would take some of the challenge out.

Freaking genius on the belts!

Thanks Shaka! The only problem is, it only works if the buckle is attached to the fret by the sides and not the ends. Edited by BloorwestSiR