1/18 Spitfire Mk. XIVe - Race #80

airscale

Super inspiring work is something that I have come to expect from you Peter and this build is every bit that! It's absolutely amazing the shapes you're able to pull off with your litho work. I'm dying to get back into my B-17 and get some more metal happening, but as I'm suffering from a distinct lack of time at the moment, I'm just going to model vicariously through your build... not that my build would look anywhere near as good as this does :)

Loving the daily updates!

Craig

Very high cool factor, Peter.  Sexy, too.  And fiddly.  That bulkhead return is something else.  How'd you do that?  Are you going to flare the lightening holes or is that passe now?  Great show!

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark

thanks guys - very kind and much appreciated as always :)

Very high cool factor, Peter.  Sexy, too.  And fiddly.  That bulkhead return is something else.  How'd you do that?  Are you going to flare the lightening holes or is that passe now?  Great show!

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark

thanks Mark - I did part etch the bulkheads to flare them but when I tried it just bent the sheet and didn't really work so I will just leave them - I left the part etch side up as it gave a bit of definition, I might try rounding one with a ball grinding tool though...

just the rear fuel tank today.. balsa core sheathed in litho..

..the top can't be seen to I didn't try too hard to finish it :ninja:

WIP112_zpsvzt5hmfv.jpg

WIP113_zps0kwci67a.jpg

..it's quite a feature as with no armour plate it is what fills the void behind the seat..

I had to remake the crossmember too as I found it is round on the late Spits..

WIP114_zpsdktxihn9.jpg

WIP115_zpstdk7zcou.jpg

back soon :coolio:

TTFN
Peter