Review: Italeri 2505: 1/32 Mirage IIIC

LSP_Kevin

hi

I don't know if we could expect more from italieri ??? Well I don't want to be a grumbler , but I feel a bit disappointed : some details especially on the cockpit ( rear bulkhead ,IP side walls , banquets , bang seat ) are ......soft ??not as "crispy" as I wished , the engraving , rivets are ..soft ..I don't understand the rear sides of the wheels , it seems there is two different brake systems etc....the plastic doesn't look smooth ( not good for a NMF) ....Stop .....Of course i will be  buy one ...or two( later) ..be that as it may  ..doors are wide open for AM manufactures  ......Thank you Nicolas for this review

Alain    

As soon as I can get one in my paws, I will work over the wheels and the 'pit. I have them already made for the old kit, but I might be able to re-work everything to work for this one. 

Hi 

you can already relaunch the cast of your Mk 4 seat .....at least ( i think it's from you ????? ) 

Alain

Mine is the Mk 6 seat. but I have a Mk 4 mocked up, needing a lot of detailing yet.

hi

I bought a while ago the P Fisher "mirage III E cockpit " set , we can find in this set two different seats :Mk 4 , and 6 . I know the Mk 6 is yours ( I bought  a single one on the "Bay" ) so I deducted the Mk 4 is yours too 

Alain

hi

I bought a while ago the P Fisher "mirage III E cockpit " set , we can find in this set two different seats :Mk 4 , and 6 . I know the Mk 6 is yours ( I bought  a single one on the "Bay" ) so I deducted the Mk 4 is yours too 

Alain

Paul's Mk 4 seat was from another master maker. He added it to my 'pit set, so it would cover more versions.

The release of a late CJ or even a conversion set is easy as they cut the plane fuselage at the exhaust level.

I hope that a IIIB two-seater will be released even if I'd not hold my breath up to such a release... However, if they have to recreate a new fuselage, I guess they will rather make another IIIE/V.

hi

I don't know if we could expect more from italieri ??? Well I don't want to be a grumbler , but I feel a bit disappointed : some details especially on the cockpit ( rear bulkhead ,IP side walls , banquets , bang seat ) are ......soft ??not as "crispy" as I wished , the engraving , rivets are ..soft ..I don't understand the rear sides of the wheels , it seems there is two different brake systems etc....the plastic doesn't look smooth ( not good for a NMF) ....Stop .....Of course i will be  buy one ...or two( later) ..be that as it may  ..doors are wide open for AM manufactures  ......Thank you Nicolas for this review

Alain    

You're right, it's not perfect. But the base is rather good. The grainy surface can be pretty easily corrected by a coat of primer sanded smooth.

The engraving is not so soft. Not as sharp as on some other kits, but enough in my opinion.

I think the cockpit is pretty good, there are not many injected plastic kits with wires and other details as crispy as resin. The instrument panel is quite good. A PE dashboard would have been better, but that's life !

I think i'll wait a bit for Harold's cockpit anyway. :) That's very good news !