New 1/32 F-4K/M (FG.1/FGR.2) Phantom kit announced by HKM

Derek B

It is official, and Neil asked me to announce it.  So here it is:

HK Models is working on a 1/32 Spey Phantom kit.  Design work is well underway, with release sometime in 2016.

That's straight from the horse's mouth...

This is Phantastic news. Apart from both British Phantom aircraft variants (F-4K/M, or FG.1 and FGR.2), it looks like HKM will also be producing a new US J-79 powered variant as well. 

Let the good times roll!  :yahoo:

Derek

Edited by Derek B

J-79? Will that be the late -E and -G?

Jennings might be in a better position than I to answer that question, but I am personally hoping that it will be an F-4B, as apart from a very elderly Revell rendition, it has not been produced as a current version by any other IM kit manufacture and I think that it would be an important variant.

Cheers

Derek

Right - who's going to be first to offer an F-4 swing-winger conversion to the long awaited Spey Phantom?  :innocent:

(Likely as well-known (i.e.- not) as the Royal Navy V.G. Lightning).

Edited by Chek

I am very excited by this announcement re Spey Tooms and will definitely buy two. Well done Hong Kong Models !

Please put the Rolls-Royce Spey F-4K/M Phantoms out first HKM and don't get too distracted by the GE J79 versions. A decent F-4B (and Photo Phantom) would be nice - afterwards.

The British Tooms and US Navy jets offer the most bewildering colour schemes.

Tony

Jennings might be in a better position than I to answer that question, but I am personally hoping that it will be an F-4B, as apart from a very elderly Revell rendition, it has not been produced as a current version by any other IM kit manufacture and I think that it would be an important variant.

Cheers

Derek

Derek,

I agree, the F-4B is the "major" missing link in the family chain and IMO would be the best possible choice.

It is possible to build all other versions from existing available kits exception being the F4H-1 and perhaps the earliest F-4As.

Yes all the existing kits have their own strengths and weaknesses so a new tool for all would be very welcome but highly unlikely!

Barry

Proposed F-4B = F-4N

Tamiya F-4C

Revell RF-4C

Tamiya F-4D

Tamiya F-4E "hard wing"

Tamiya F-4EJ

Revell F-4E "slat wing"

Revell RF-4E

Revell F-4F

Revell F-4G

Tamiya F-4J = F-4S

HKM F-4K = F-4M "announced"

Edited by Barry

More phantoms.........!!!!! So looking forward to a new phantom kit!!!!! i will certainly pick up a few of the Brit birds....I do hope the J79 bird is a B model......beyond that i hope the line is expanded. i see some more phantom builds in my future..........!

Edited by Rob Colvin

Spey Phantom?  Check

Now we just need the other obvious giant hole filled  with a P-51B.   :lol:     I cant wait for this one.............it may be my first LSP phantom build unless I can push a J-79 powered Tam Phantom to the top of the build list...............but I think I have a certain brand new float plane to build from KHM first!

Mmmmmmmmmm    Spayish dreams of the future..............Im feeling toomy!

Phantom_FGR2_43_Sqn_refueling.jpeg