Derek B

New 1/32 F-4K/M (FG.1/FGR.2) Phantom kit announced by HKM

For those who like to catalogue great photos like the one Brian posted above, its FG1 XT875 'K' of 43 Sqn and was one of a series taken from the KC-135 tanker in September 1980.

This made my day!

I'll definitely acquire an RAF version, and if the J-79 emerges as an F-4B, I'll have a further 2 kits!

Edited by A340 Pilot

Its a Brit-toom................and there are a LOT of folks out there who know them in and out, EVERY rivet..........................

Im hoping against hope that HKM follows suit with their previous MO of listening to those in the know, so the kit comes out right, and we dont have a landscape festooned with nay-sayers before it even hits the market.

No one is perfect, and as such would never expect the kit to be. But Im sure there are those who are expecting close to that since they know the air-frame so well. Even if something is wrong, on outward appearance HKM seems to have adopted a policy of making changes when/if needed. That IMHO is a great sign.

Edited by Out2gtcha

Great new!!!

And we can imagine Xtradecals will make several decal sheets for Brit Phantoms.

I think I´ll buy several kits to cover different schemes!

Im hoping against hope that HKM follows suit with their previous MO of listening to those in the know, so the kit comes out right, and we dont have a landscape festooned with nay-sayers before it even hits the market.

I would venture to say that the group of people providing the research represent collectively the single best store of knowledge on the planet about the Spey powered Phantom.  

Not to mention fündekals, who already has them underway :)

Great!! I thought fündekals make only WWII subjects. More Phantom decals, It´s better for us. Thanks a lot  :yahoo: 

Edited by Pavel

face it, someone will find something to nit pick about, and then proceed to get on the forums and trash the idea, just saying. It will be "why didn't they do it this way" or "They should have done it this way" or my favorite "I can't believe". That's always a good one right there. 

Hell yeah to HKM and guys should be blowing up their email and customer service line with praise and thanks! 

This is just phantastic news and I'll be getting 2-3 kits at least.

I'm hoping that a nice set of matra rocket pods will come with these kits too for a classic FGR loadout.

A Gun pod maybe two but at least their are some nice AM ones on the market.

Awesome announcement though.....!