WINGSCALE 1/32 B-25J Mitchell

Guest Wing XL (Martin)

Prototype looks great, Martin! And I think the price is reasonable, too. This is going to be a big seller! Are you going to have distributors, or are you going to be sole-source ala Wingnuts?

I feel a major group buy coming on for the North American contigent... :evil_laugh:

Did someone say group buy? :evil_laugh:

Me thinks you hit the nail on the head Dave!!!

I have to have at least 1 of my natural metal gun nose variants, and of course if the price DOES stay below $150.00 US Ill HAVE to buy a 2nd glass nose as well, after I finish my natural metal foiled "Lady Lil"!

Awesome work Martin!!!

Cheers,

Brian

Who said group buy!? I'm in! :evil_laugh:

At about 100 Euro each, and the option for the 8 gun nose,I'm in for 6 of them. I just really happy that they have done one before Trumpeter. Do not get me wrong I do like Trumpeter but I think this kit will surpase anything they could do.

:evil_laugh:

Hi Martin,

Well, looks like you have made a few modellers very excited. I was wondering if you could possibly tell us what you used as references, for example, did you crawl all over an actual aircraft, or did you use drawings, etc? I am definately interested in one of these, but not 8 or 10 as my wife would surely ex-communicate me for sure.

Thanks

Brad

hi,

firstly the kit looks fantastic from what i can see and i am very excited about this release!

can anyone tell me if the RAF used the J version at all, and if so where it saw service?

thx

Nick

hi,

firstly the kit looks fantastic from what i can see and i am very excited about this release!

can anyone tell me if the RAF used the J version at all, and if so where it saw service?

thx

Nick

According to Wikipedia, 316 of the J model B-25 were delivered to the Royal Air Force as the Mitchell III.

However, the J models included both the solid nose and the window nose versions. You would need photos of the British Mitchell III to determine which nose was used.

Stephen

Hi Martin,

Well, looks like you have made a few modellers very excited. I was wondering if you could possibly tell us what you used as references, for example, did you crawl all over an actual aircraft, or did you use drawings, etc? I am definately interested in one of these, but not 8 or 10 as my wife would surely ex-communicate me for sure.

Thanks

Brad

Brad,

We are lucky in this little flat country (called The Netherlands) that we have two genuine B25's

on display of which at least one has a impressive number of operation sorties flown during

WWII with 320 Sqn (don't know about the other one). The other one was handed over by the

Dutch to Indonesia and was later returned as a gift to Prince Bernhard. The flying example

came from the USA years ago and has no Dutch history.

So there is plenty of reference material available thankfully.

Cheers

Cees