WINGSCALE 1/32 B-25J Mitchell

Guest Wing XL (Martin)

Herewith already one 3D overall view and one pic of our final prototype 1/32 B-25J.

The rest will follow soon on our website !!

We hope you alreadym like this.

Best regards,

Martin

Well Martin, you certainly hit the bullseye with this model! Well done to you, and your team!!

The price that you've suggested seems very fair for the very high standard of this kit, I have no doubt that your sales will be extremely rapid.

Not only will I be buying the B25's, I can't wait for the Meteor series too!!!!

Please can you show some pictures of the new Meteor as soon as you can, and I hope that we will be treated to some more WWII twin's next!

Exciting times for everyone I think. :huh:

This looks to be a truly Awesome kit! The level of detail visible in these photos screams KOTY! :huh:

I think at least for me every other kit that has been announced has just taken a back seat to this one! :wub:

If it's released this year then it will have to compete with the Revell He 111.

This will be interesting.

If it's released this year then it will have to compete with the Revell He 111.

This will be interesting.

I think the B-25 would win that popularity competition. I know if I could only by one kit, the B-25 would be my first choice.

Guest WINGSCALE (Martin)

Hello fellow modellers,

After reading all your positive replies on our coming 1/32 B-25J and H Mitchell and all the questions I have seen, I thought to give some more information about things.

First of all my great thanks for the positive reactions........that is a good feeling.......the feeling that my passion for the Mitchell and modelling is shared by so many.

And yes.........the other 2-engined bombers will follow !!!

So to answer a few questions in short:

• Will there be a Doolittle version - NO (the differences between the early and later models B-25 are too significant and can not be accomplished together in the moulds)
  • Will there be the eight gun variant ? - YES (see our interim webpage www.wing-scale.com)
  • When will the Meteor be released ? - December 2010 (The Meteor will be of a much simpler construction though !!)
  • How we go to sell the kits ? - Indeed like the Wingnut principle (the packaging will be veryyyyy sturdy, so it will arrive at your adresses 100% OK).
  • Is a group buy possible ? - Off course YES !!!!
  • Which references did we use for the B-25 ? - Taking manyyyyyyy pictures of a B-25 in Holland, measurement of it and......reading a lot of different books !
  • A Spey Phantom ? - Well..........it did cross my mind......I like the beast !!!! But other subject go first.
  • Did the RAF use the J-version - YES, like teh "dutch" 320sqn.....nice nose art together with english roundels and stuff.

And at last a very important remark:

Can you pre order already ? - YES (We will put together all pre orders and when the B-25 will be actual released, you will get an email asking you if you still want to purchase the B-25)

No pre payment needed yet and until actual release you can still postpone ordering.

In the meantime you are ensured being on the list for the only 2500 pcs. per B-25 variant (B-25J glazed nose, B-25J Strafer and B-25H Strafer)

You can pre-order on : info@wing-scale.com

I can only say the model will not dissapoint you.

I think the B-25 would win that popularity competition. I know if I could only by one kit, the B-25 would be my first choice.

whilst i am looking forward to both kits, to each his own i say

the doolittle raid obviously affords iconic status to the b-25 in the US, but outside USA i am not so sure; for me it is just A N Other plane (a cool one at that, though), whilst i grew up on a diet of the Battle of Britain, where the He111 was perhaps the most well known bomber...

for me therefore, and perhaps many other UK / Euro modellers, the He111 may win in terms of popularity, irrespective of kit quality

oh, and the 111 is Luftwaffe, which always sells!

let's look forward to both kits!!!

Nick

:speak_cool: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:YAY!!!!!

Well I dont know about popularity contests between WWII bombers, but IMHO (and I couldn't care less about the Doolittle raid from a modeling perspective) there is no way the 111 could hold a candle in the looks department to the B-25. There are a lot of Luftwaffe planes I like but the 111 isnt one of them.

Pretty freakin ugly if you ask me.........but again this is just MHO. As with a lot of modelers, I build what I like, and for me at least being from the US has absolutely no bearing on what I like to model or not model. I hold no elegance to any one type of aircraft or country's aircraft.

Irrespective of their (or my) native country's, and having nothing to do with their or my history, for me, comparing the He-111 to the B-25 is like comparing a powered lawn cart to a Ferrari; Yeah they both have wheels and engines, but that's about all they share in common.

For me the Mitchell is just a beautiful aircraft. Clean lines, radial engines, twin tails, gull wing, trike gear and in the model I want, bristling with guns...... AND lots of natural metal subjects............doesn't get any better than that for me.

I just pre-ordered a J model gun nose Martin. I do have to get my hands on one of these and am not going to miss out..........Brilliant job mate......truly brilliant.

Cheers,

Brian

:speak_cool: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:YAY!!!!!

Well I dont know about popularity contests between WWII bombers, but IMHO (and I couldn't care less about the Doolittle raid from a modeling perspective) there is no way the 111 could hold a candle in the looks department to the B-25. There are a lot of Luftwaffe planes I like but the 111 isnt one of them.

Pretty freakin ugly if you ask me.........but again this is just MHO. As with a lot of modelers, I build what I like, and for me at least being from the US has absolutely no bearing on what I like to model or not model. I hold no elegance to any one type of aircraft or country's aircraft.

Irrespective of their (or my) native country's, and having nothing to do with their or my history, for me, comparing the He-111 to the B-25 is like comparing a powered lawn cart to a Ferrari; Yeah they both have wheels and engines, but that's about all they share in common.

For me the Mitchell is just a beautiful aircraft. Clean lines, radial engines, twin tails, gull wing, trike gear and in the model I want, bristling with guns...... AND lots of natural metal subjects............doesn't get any better than that for me.

I just pre-ordered a J model gun nose Martin. I do have to get my hands on one of these and am not going to miss out..........Brilliant job mate......truly brilliant.

Cheers,

Brian

It's a funny thing taste. I don't hate the B25 but compared to many other bombers it just looks a bit boring to me. It's one of those aircraft that never grabbed me. Another one is the Wellington, just never really appealed to me - unlike other bombers like the Halifax B MkII, B17, Betty, Sally, Hampden, B24, Junkers 88, He111 plus many others.

Nice to see Wingscale bringing out another WW2 bomber in 1/32 though.

i'm glad i don't have the problem of only one large kit purchase. but if i did it would be the B-25 hands down over a He 111 anytime. i think world wide the B-25 would be much more popular then the He111. the He111 never realy left Europe, where as the B-25 was used world wide even after WWII.

just my 2 cents

glen :DodgeBall:

i'm glad i don't have the problem of only one large kit purchase. but if i did it would be the B-25 hands down over a He 111 anytime. i think world wide the B-25 would be much more popular then the He111. the He111 never realy left Europe, where as the B-25 was used world wide even after WWII.

just my 2 cents

glen :piliot:

That was my take on it also (in my last post), not to knock the 111 release though. I will be getting one of those as well :DodgeBall:

I just pre-ordered the glass nose version. :D

i'm not knocking the He111 either. i like the bird with eliptital wings. but the Mitchell was a much more modern and versitile, useful aircraft. plus it started as a medium bomber :DodgeBall: , not a modified airliner :D .

i just think it was over all a better plane.

glen :piliot: