WINGSCALE 1/32 B-25J Mitchell

Guest Wing XL (Martin)

i'm glad i don't have the problem of only one large kit purchase. but if i did it would be the B-25 hands down over a He 111 anytime. i think world wide the B-25 would be much more popular then the He111. the He111 never realy left Europe, where as the B-25 was used world wide even after WWII.

just my 2 cents

glen :DodgeBall:

Hmm......I don't know about that. Luftwaffe stuff is very popular. Anyway, this isn't a competition between the 2 as Revell's doing the HE111, so fans of both aircraft aren't losing out.

Hello fellow modellers,

After reading all your positive replies on our coming 1/32 B-25J and H Mitchell and all the questions I have seen, I thought to give some more information about things.

First of all my great thanks for the positive reactions........that is a good feeling.......the feeling that my passion for the Mitchell and modelling is shared by so many.

And yes.........the other 2-engined bombers will follow !!!

So to answer a few questions in short:

• Will there be a Doolittle version - NO (the differences between the early and later models B-25 are too significant and can not be accomplished together in the moulds)
  • Will there be the eight gun variant ? - YES (see our interim webpage www.wing-scale.com)
  • When will the Meteor be released ? - December 2010 (The Meteor will be of a much simpler construction though !!)
  • How we go to sell the kits ? - Indeed like the Wingnut principle (the packaging will be veryyyyy sturdy, so it will arrive at your adresses 100% OK).
  • Is a group buy possible ? - Off course YES !!!!
  • Which references did we use for the B-25 ? - Taking manyyyyyyy pictures of a B-25 in Holland, measurement of it and......reading a lot of different books !
  • A Spey Phantom ? - Well..........it did cross my mind......I like the beast !!!! But other subject go first.
  • Did the RAF use the J-version - YES, like teh "dutch" 320sqn.....nice nose art together with english roundels and stuff.

And at last a very important remark:

Can you pre order already ? - YES (We will put together all pre orders and when the B-25 will be actual released, you will get an email asking you if you still want to purchase the B-25)

No pre payment needed yet and until actual release you can still postpone ordering.

In the meantime you are ensured being on the list for the only 2500 pcs. per B-25 variant (B-25J glazed nose, B-25J Strafer and B-25H Strafer)

You can pre-order on : info@wing-scale.com

I can only say the model will not dissapoint you.

Guys

How does one pre-order this beast? I cant find anything on their website referring to pre-orders.

Dave/Ironman1945

See the second to last line of the above

Hm... The other 1/32 twin engined bomber that would make me hold my breath would be a injection moulded

Arado 234 !!!

or a

Junkers Ju 388 !!!

:lol:

Ok, ok! I´ll be patient and relaxed ´til the secret is unsealed. There is still a Ju 88 to be finished...

Thomas

Well........I think it stays affordable.

The price will be around Euro 92,50 (excl. post and packaging) !!!

But this will be determined definite within this month.

3 decalsheets will be included, including bare metal variant.

And yes ......the flaps (and all other control surfaces) will be molded separately and can be modelled in every wished position you like !

We will supply descent level of detail in areas which are visible, but in others areas which you cannot see......we do not.

Trying to get a descent balance between everything and try to keep the price still affordable.

We think we have succeeded in that.

Best regards,

Martin

Hi Martin

well, within few months you created two fastest growing topics on this site (I looked back, you posted your topic Sunday afternoon and here we are Tuesday morning on the fifth page).

I can only repeat what most of others say, you really had a lucky hand chosing the subject.

Good luck to all your efforts, you surely can await an email from me in the course of today :rofl:

Jozef from Slovakia

P.S. : I have already started to look for a good mortgage for my appartment awaiting B-17 :lol:

This is great! Preorders :goodjob:

I just placed mine for 4 strafers and 2 glass noses.

I'm in heaven. They spoke of another twin later.Anyone take a guess at a A-26 Invader?

I think Martin is a pretty switched on guy, the A-26 would certainly be the next 'big one' for a lot of modelers and the B-26 Marauder would also be a very close second runner in my opinion!

If he really wants to 'show off' he might also consider doing a new tool Mosquito to add to them at some time to complete the trio of allied air forces 'super twins'.

But, I also admit that a newly tooled A-20 Boston/Havoc would also go down extremely well not only with me, but I bet probably with most of the 'electorate' on this forum too! :lol:

post-700-1278415014.jpg

I'm hoping the A-20 is next on the list, after the Meteor, and Michel, my personal Bulgarian is heading south to extract the information from you... :goodjob:

Are you still going to have that raffle Martin?

The A-20, YES!!!

The A-20 was used by at least 9 different countries in WW2 in 20 different versions. There was even the night fighter version, the P-70.

I believe that makes it a good prospect.

The A-20 was used by Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Netherlands, South Africa, Soviet Union, United Kingdom,

and the United States. Even Japan used some they captured in WW2 from the Netherlands East Indies.

I have a feeling that Wingscale may be concentrating on aircraft that were in use by the Netherlands. At least at the beginning of this company's endeavors. Thus I feel there is a good chance that the A-20 may be their next offering in two engine bombers. Besides, with Britain, Canada and Australia using the plane in WW2 there will be no problem selling all the kits that they make.

Stephen

There was even the night fighter version, the P-70.

Well, if there is a P-70 version, then I would have to make one of those! (as well as the RAF nightfighter Havocs and Turbinlites, of course) :goodjob: .

Derek