Anyone for a new 1/32 Spitfire Mk 24 ?

DBMK models have posted a thank you on their Facebook page to Duxford for letting them 'LIDAR' their Spitfire 24.

When asked what scale they planned they confirmed it would be 1/32.
I'm guessing that we're probably a couple of years away from any potential release after the Sea Fury, Hornet & Tiger unless they bump it up their schedule.

Good news if it comes to fruition as the Matchbox kit needs to be replaced with a state of the art model.

It's taken a long time but between DBMK & Laminar Flow Designs, the big Griffons are finally getting some well deserved large scale love.

3 hours ago, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

Oh, hell yeah! I'm in like now and they can throw in it's F.A.A. counterpart the FR47 while they're at it! I'm trying to curb my enthusiasm as I haven't seen anything from this company yet regarding plastic. Lots of nice ideas but I need to see some beef [ CADS do look good]

An FR47 would be great. It means I can give up on trying to tame my Freightdog conversion. 

On 3/15/2024 at 7:47 PM, CRAZY IVAN5 said:

Oh, hell yeah! I'm in like now and they can throw in it's F.A.A. counterpart the FR47 while they're at it! I'm trying to curb my enthusiasm as I haven't seen anything from this company yet regarding plastic. Lots of nice ideas but I need to see some beef [ CADS do look good]

I asked the question about the Seafire and it's on his list, so good news, hopefully we should see the Sea Fury in time for Telford this year (fingers crossed).

FR47 Seafire, yeah! 

We're beginning to get 1:32 Spitfires coming out of our ears.

Still eagerly awaiting DBMK's 1:48 Scimitar.

Tony

The latest update from DBMK on Facebook:

This is the CAD model of the XIVe overlaid with the scan of the same. We have also scanned a 24, XVII and XVI (high backed) with the intention of doing the XIV as both high and low backed with the E wing and then a late series airframe as well.

433703077_375319435306259_250483234320669092_n.jpg.95db9f5edb84a1982fb4b998cd1508df.jpg

Kev