Any chance a company does an injection mold Me 410

oyoy5

2 hours ago, dutik said:

The correct answer as always: Scratchbuild a Me-410 and soon an injection molded kit will hit the shop shelves... :whistle:

Regards

- dutik

I will seriously and in a very convincing manner pretend to start work on my Scratchbuilder’s Me-410.  Put it out on the bench etc.  :wicked:

On 3/14/2024 at 9:43 AM, oyoy5 said:

Airfix, Revell of Germany ICM but can’t do the HPH route 

Sadly I don’t buy Airfix because Airfix have never done anything in 1/32 with wings on them. They have a grand tradition of vehicles in 1/32 but no aeroplanes and, sadly, no airfield support vehicles in 1/32 either…

Kind regards,

Paul

18 hours ago, scvrobeson said:

It was on Infinity's list, but doesn't look like that will happen. Just have to keep waiting and hoping for redemption after messing up my HpH build by putting a twist in the fuselage that left the wings hilariously twisted

Matt 

Razor saw cuts.  If CA glue was used then freeze the bugger and snap things apart.  If Epoxy then use small Dremel saw and slice the seams like cutting off a plaster cast.  Safety glasses throughout any of these processes.  

On 3/13/2024 at 11:04 PM, thierry laurent said:

Well not really surprising when you consider we are still waiting for a kit of the far more common Me110G...

True enough and I don't understand that one either. While I'm not a huge fan of the -110 , I could be "persuaded" to add one to my shelf. 

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that after Dragon's 110 and other WWII twins, they have decided that they weren't financially viable.  And are getting less so each time one of us never gets to complete his stash.

3 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

Razor saw cuts.  If CA glue was used then freeze the bugger and snap things apart.  If Epoxy then use small Dremel saw and slice the seams like cutting off a plaster cast.  Safety glasses throughout any of these processes.  

Definitely thought of that plan, but I'm not sure even that would save it at this point

Matt 

On 3/14/2024 at 8:11 PM, scvrobeson said:

It was on Infinity's list, but doesn't look like that will happen. Just have to keep waiting and hoping for redemption after messing up my HpH build by putting a twist in the fuselage that left the wings hilariously twisted

Matt 

I had the same thing happen with their Ta 154 Moskito then I realized the fuselage had/has a twist in it. I realized this when I saw another modellers build where he found the same issue and cut the fuselage in half behind the wing and induced a twist to straighten the empennage.

I never fixed mine but used it as a “learning tool” to build the one I really wanted which was the Me 410

which I did buy and build and enjoy, but have since donated to the Legion museum….so a main stream…..or even a fast creek….muddy river? plastic Me 410 would be nice  

Revell would have been perfect to make this kit but now they have faded away on 1/32 German aircraft I think the window is closed.

On 3/16/2024 at 1:38 PM, Dennis7423 said:

HK showed on their Facebook page yesterday that their team have been at the RAF Museum in Hendon scanning aircraft for future projects. It's worth noting that two of the aircraft there are an RAF Phantom and a Me 410.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

Interesting.

I see there from ww2 era a Blenheim, a Catalina and the 410, not counting the always made Mossie and the Ju-88 and Me-262 made by other vendors. The Blenheim sounds like an odd choice, marketingwise. Hmm, hmm...

For some reason the RAF museums homepage also adds to the search for Aircraft-Midlands-WW2 a Hawker Hunter :D

Regards

- dutik

Edited by dutik