Looks like Eduard is reassessing 1/32

RBrown

16 hours ago, Troy Molitor said:

A couple nice new Bf 109F's would be so awesome.  I really enjoyed working on their Bf-108.  The engine mount was a bit tricky but overall a nice fit.  I also agree whole heartedly with Thierry's comments above.  A bit late to the dance.  IMHO. 

If I'm not wrong the Bf 108 is NOT their design. It was done by some other company which didn't manage to finish the project. Eduard bought molds and pushed it to the market.

17 hours ago, RBrown said:

Remember when Eduard debuted their first 1/48 Bf 109 G, it was a disaster...

Fuhrerious about the Bf 109

But they always seam improve with each release and many now place them at the top in both the 1/72 and 1/48 scale WW II fighters market.  So yes, I think Eduard would learn from the previous 1/32 effort, which was only mediocre, and could compete with the likes of ZM or Kotare.

Their Spitfires are well ahead of the Kotare effort already, far more accurate in the essential form, the wing especially, and although there are issues with the Eduard they have made far far fewer mistakes with the details - the cockpit for instance which is a proper muddle in the Kotare kit, so I would very much welcome an Eduard Spitfire Mk I, although I suspect Vladimir S is talking about more versions of a Me109 in 1/32, an F, G and a K I would summise.

Lets hope for a more accurate Spitfire MkI and MkII from Eduard though!

es1.jpg

Edited by 19squadron
addition of pic

19 hours ago, nmayhew said:

As much as I welcome new blood in our scale, if they do come back in to 1/32 with anything even close to their old Bf109 they will likely be laughed at, and even scaling up their 1/48 stuff just won't fly in my book.

They make pretty looking kits but I think that Eduard's engineering choices in 1/48 - given they are meant to be at the forefront of the hobby - are often not great, often really poor... watching a few YouTube vids of very good modellers building some of their new kits and they are saying things along the lines of "well, the fit and engineering is nowhere near Arma Hobby, but it's still ok". 

If Eduard were a new outfit, they maybe get a pass, but they've been going for years now; that they have been outstripped by a complete newbie like Arma speaks volumes.

Whether they like it or not they are going to be judged against Tamiya and now Kotare... they better get ready for some brutal honesty, but I seem to recall that they tended not to like that...

I completely disagree about Kotare, think whatever you like about the Fit and engineering, but te Kotare Spitfire is really badly researched by comparision to an Eduard Spitfire - the Kotare is bad as far as the big forms go, and the Kotare cockpit is a complete muddle..... An Eduard 1/48 Spitfire MkI scaled up to 1/32 would be infinitely better than the Kotare effort.

16 hours ago, scvrobeson said:

Interesting, I found the engineering on their Spitfire and Mustang kits great when I built them recently, and the Wildcat looks to be much the same 

Matt 

I agree, well said!

19 minutes ago, 19squadron said:

I completely disagree about Kotare, think whatever you like about the Fit and engineering, but te Kotare Spitfire is really badly researched by comparision to an Eduard Spitfire - the Kotare is bad as far as the big forms go, and the Kotare cockpit is a complete muddle..... An Eduard 1/48 Spitfire MkI scaled up to 1/32 would be infinitely better than the Kotare effort.

I must have missed the memo.  When did the Kotare Spits go from “outstanding” to “garbage”?

1 hour ago, John1 said:

I must have missed the memo.  When did the Kotare Spits go from “outstanding” to “garbage”?

No one said that the Kotare Spits were garbage. 

1 hour ago, Kagemusha said:

They haven't, and this constant sniping hasn't gone unnoticed.

Are you asking me to write out and illustrate all the errors and mistakes in this kit including all the obvious mistakes in the cockpit?

38 minutes ago, RBrown said:

No one said that the Kotare Spits were garbage. 

One guy did. See previous posts above.  Dimensional issues and the cockpit is a complete “muddle”.  

21 minutes ago, 19squadron said:

Are you asking me to write out and illustrate all the errors and mistakes in this kit including all the obvious mistakes in the cockpit?

I'm interested in what you have to say, but perhaps start a new thread...

10 minutes ago, 19squadron said:

At this point I think I have to let everyone know that you confessed in a PM that you had an axe to grind with Kotare.

The folks here have a right to know about this conflict of interest when reading your posts.

The fact that you hijacked a thread about Eduard to dis on Kotare isn't helpful.

No kit is perfect, the tiny errors you mentioned in a previous thread about the Kotare kit are negligible by any modeling standard and can be corrected should one desire to do so.

I think the Kotare Spitfire is a terrific kit, accurate, well engineered and you are trying very hard to find tiny faults out of spite.

1 minute ago, Johnny Cloud said:

At this point I think I have to let everyone know that you confessed in a PM that you had an axe to grind with Kotare.

The folks here have a right to know about this conflict of interest when reading your posts.

The fact that you hijacked a thread about Eduard to dis on Kotare isn't helpful.

No kit is perfect, the tiny errors you mentioned in a previous thread about the Kotare kit are negligible by any modeling standard and can be corrected should one desire to do so.

I think the Kotare Spitfire is a terrific kit, accurate, well engineered and you are trying very hard to find tiny faults out of spite.

And not needed on this forum! 

9 hours ago, Jaro said:

If I'm not wrong the Bf 108 is NOT their design. It was done by some other company which didn't manage to finish the project. Eduard bought molds and pushed it to the market.

You are correct about the Eduard Bf108. 

Kind regards,

Paul

3 hours ago, 19squadron said:

Hi Simon

You have made it clear on other threads that you do not like the Kotare kit. There is no doubting your deep knowledge of Spitfire lore but this thread is about Eduard's likely return to 1/32 - please can we stay on that topic?

On the topic in hand: I think Eduard revisiting 1/32 scale would be welcomed by many but with one small note of caution: they have made mistakes they have had to correct in the past. I am sure Mr Sulc winces each time he recalls the under-scale Bf109 Eduard put out from some years back.  But plaudits to them that they have corrected any major errors each time they made one (including the infamous 109).  Having built several of their 1/48 scale kits I know they are well engineered and, in the main, accurate in outline and detail. 

Let’s see what happens with them. 

Kind regards,

Paul