Trumpeter A-7E

chrish

I just started this last weekend and noticed today the update on Reskit detail/ correction parts...oh well

I have purchased some Aires parts, Reskit tailpipe and a Zacto intake lip...not sure if I'll wait with it for the Reskit stuff to become available...or just build it as is. But as I wrote above, I have started it so I think I'll just keep rolling.

So, in no particular order and with no plan of being true to any historic airframe here's a couple of shots of the play so far.

gWKl7h9.jpg?1

fitting the very nice Reskit tail

2pXKKkr.jpg

DTqSXd4.jpg?1

wGVowDz.jpg?1

Should be finished in a day or two...(kidding)

Thanks for looking

Nice start Chrish!!!

I would wait for the reskit items...They seem to really upgrade the kit!! I really love the way they try to deal with the main wheel wells!! You see with the Aires parts your main concern will be the alighnment of the landing gear. Take into concidaration that it is a big airplane with a big wingspan, even the slightest missaligment will really affect the alighnment of the wingtips!!!

Anyway it is up to you!!

Wish you luck!!

This was my ''home'' (the A-7H Corsair, the Hellenic ones) for 15 years!! 

Feel free to ask me anything you want!!!

And, reskit produse an echellent set of landing gear wheels, for all the variants and they are really accurate to the last inch!!!

John

P.S. Here is my build, it is an A-7H but you find it usefull!

Edited by zaxos345

• 2 weeks later...

A small update with not much to report for progress but, forward movement is forward movement right?

Using Mr Laurent's tweaking list...well, not all the tweaks but some I'm capable of.

The vent added to the front fuselage;

1kq15VQ.jpg

a metal mesh and tube added to the rear fuselage;

I4XL4D4.jpg

opened up the three vents in the nose;

GROVB2E.jpg

added some backing and opened up this...thing;

khjXjUl.jpg

these are painted now and detail work is underway, the resin inserts have been cleaned up and are ready for fitment

hikgMFW.jpg

and the Reskit exhaust tube and rear fuselage (worth their weight!) I reached out to Reskit to check the progress of the front fuselage section, the great folks they are, they replied right away to inform me the front fuselage correction will not be available this year, most likely middle of next year. So I decided to push on and do what I can with what I've got.

tknCJk4.jpg

Thanks for looking

A little more progress on the Corsair,  I was maybe a little naive or over ambitious adding so much resin and from different manufacturers but it's finally starting to fit together. 

The engine intake ducting/ trunking should go round as it approaches the compressor face but it remains oval throughout it's length, causing me a bit of grief with the added electronics bays on both fuselage sides. the Zacto correction component forces the trunking into a shape it doesn't wanna take and forces it up into the bottom of the Aires cockpit floor. The cockpit floor is now 2 dimensional as is the top lip of the Zacto correction component. the interference caused the front of the cockpit to tip up preventing the back of the cockpit from fitting up into the inside of the fuselage (think teeter totter, front high back low)

For the most part the heavy lifting is done the resin bits are painted and glued in.

iUUWLGG.jpg?1

rh2SPuH.jpg?1

In this image the undercut in the Zacto intake lip can be seen, a cut needed to fit the cockpit

XrKIsjj.jpg?1

195bnJx.jpg

the fun continues

Thank you for stopping by

Soooo fuselage closed up and seam cleaning underway. Not the best fitting kit I've ever glued up but not the worst either and, to be honest some of the fit issue is probably of my own making what with various resin add ons I've stuck in the model.

4ZnqPdW.jpg

FP3DX5t.jpg

4UcyShD.jpg

usXHhXg.jpg

the play continues

Thanks for looking