Maj. Yohei Hinoki's Ki-100 -- Finished

denders

A while back when I had asked about Ki-100 conversions for the Hasegawa Ki-61, one of our members offered to sell me the AlleyCat conversion kit and I took him up on it. Thanks, Andy. And while building the Ki-61 for the Hasegawa Builders GB, another member pointed out that the aircraft I was modeling had a retractable tail wheel and the version of the kit that I was using didn't have a retractable tail wheel. So I went and bought another kit with the correct parts having intended to eventually buy another kit to build a Ki-100. And I also was thinking about putting this into the Hasegawa GB because it's based upon the Hasegawa kit. But.......... I decided that if I choose the correct aircraft to model, it will fit here. So, here goes.

SMQc1j.jpg

aWzgxJ.jpg

T4a5sg.jpg

I'm not making any guarantees of using all this AM in the picture, based upon my experience finishing the Ki-61.

Edit: The Osprey Ki-61/Ki-100 book lists Maj. Hinoki as having 12 victories including a B-29.

Edited by denders

I can’t see your  photos but I am very interested in this built.

I started to make a Ki 100 of my own (= making my own conversion kit) a while back in the empire of rising sun GB but never finished it... like many others... 

I guess I am more a starter than a finisher :D

Anyway, can’t wait to see more (or actually any) of this build. 

On 9/9/2023 at 2:52 PM, Rob Owens said:

I don’t know why, but to me the “bubble top” Ki-100 is esthetically more pleasing than the Ki-61. Just couldn’t happen with a radial-engined Bf-109 (where’s that “Ew” emoji??).

Hmmmmmm would be a pretty cool Luft 46 project though……

Cheers Bevan 

Yes, I saw photo(s) about the Z-M Ki-100. Perhaps at the USA NATS (not sure, perhaps I took a photo). 

So anyway, I've gone this route, it doesn't mean that I won't pick up one of the Z-m kits in the future. This is one of the 'bubble top' versions.