AMT 1.32 Tie Fighter Review and Build

Maxim61

56 minutes ago, Confusionreigns178 said:

I wonder if this is a re-box of the big Revell Tie-fighter? Or a brand-new mold?

Chris.  

Brand new mold.  Besides, I don’t remember Revell doing a 1/32 regular TIE Fighter.  MPC did a 1/32 Darth Vader TIE, the TIE Advanced x1.

Edited by Dave Williams

1 hour ago, Mark_C said:

Why  so, Brian?

I've built a few newer AMT kits and some had decent fit and engineering..........

Others quite the opposite.

Modern Bandai kits (who previously had the contract for all Star Wars kits) are the absolute pinnacle of IM kits for fit and engineering; they fit SO well in fact that a lot of the glue together kits don't need glue at all.

Multiple colors on a single sprue, engineering easily in par Tamiya, and fit as good or better that some of the WnW kits I've put together.

Try building a modern Bandai kit, and you will definitely be asking yourself why the hell they dont make aircraft kits!

If they did I may never buy another brand of kit again.

1 hour ago, Out2gtcha said:

I've built a few newer AMT kits and some had decent fit and engineering..........

Others quite the opposite.

Modern Bandai kits (who previously had the contract for all Star Wars kits) are the absolute pinnacle of IM kits for fit and engineering; they fit SO well in fact that a lot of the glue together kits don't need glue at all.

Multiple colors on a single sprue, engineering easily in par Tamiya, and fit as good or better that some of the WnW kits I've put together.

Try building a modern Bandai kit, and you will definitely be asking yourself why the hell they dont make aircraft kits!

If they did I may never buy another brand of kit again.

Completely agree.Bandai kits make Tamiya kit feel like old 1/48 hasegawa jets in comparasing.

From my understanding all the Bandai Star Wars is going to be distributed/reboxed by Revell Germany 

• LSP_K2 changed the title to AMT 1.32 Tie Fighter Review and Build