spoke to Airfix yesterday..

airscale

Though a bit late from the 1st of the month, I'll play!

Airfix is to continue their 1/24 line with...

-F6F-3 Hellcat- all variants with visual interior/exterior changes!

-F4U-1 Corsair - same as above, including Canopy and all changes to then start off the -1A/D kits.

- P-51B/C - yeah, yeah and YEAH

etc.....

OK, don't want to play no more! LoL

Alfonso

PS.... Please..... pretty Please!!! When referring to the aviation God named F4U Corsair... Please stop calling it an F4!!! LoL but not really, insert grumpy face here!!

On 5/15/2023 at 12:52 PM, airscale said:

confirmed the Spit did really well for them (obviously :) ) further cementing the 1/24 range and they have chosen their next 1/24 subject targetting 2026..

clearly no idea what it is, but nice to know they are in it for the long haul :)

Peter

A DHC-2 Beaver would be popular, different,  interesting and nice :yahoo:

On 5/15/2023 at 6:22 PM, LSP_Ron said:

109G would be my guess. 

This is my guess too.  Probably a G-6, which has been modeled to death, but it would still be awesome in that big scale.

It will be an iconic aircraft, from WWII (I think), and something German since they've done a modern kit of a US and RAF plane already.

Bf-109 is the almost obvious guess.

Trumpeter already did a 1/24 Ju-87 which a number of people have guessed.  I would say "no" for that reason.

8 hours ago, Pete Roberts said:

I thought this had already been done? Pretty basic kit though IIRC

basic kit ok (i got one)

and only in floatplane

an uptoday real model kit is still awaited. (even if aware that one is coming in 1/48th scale, that fabulous plane needs all the scales) ;-)

11 hours ago, rafju said:

basic kit ok (i got one)

and only in floatplane

an uptoday real model kit is still awaited. (even if aware that one is coming in 1/48th scale, that fabulous plane needs all the scales) ;-)

Big vote  for the Beaver! You can throw in an Otter too if ya like[ surprisingly a pretty big aircraft]. Lots of paint schemes military and civilian.

Airfix next tool kit should be a kit they have already done in large part or in total, so as such any of their originnal tooled kits should be re-tooled.  In the alternative do the F6F-3.  Just my 2 cents, with inflation maybe that is my 2$.