Kotare 1/32 Spitfire Mk.Ia (Mid) just arrived

Starfighter Jock

Returned home from work today and was delighted to find a delivered box from New Zealand.  The new 1/32 Spitfire Mk.Ia (Mid) from the new venture Kotare Models.  Like a kid coming home from the hobby shop, had to get into this box right away.  Waves of WnW rushed over me looking the kit over and the extensive building manual.  It all looks and feels just like Wingnut Wings but with subject being a iconic WWII Spit.  Looking forward to getting this one on the bench PDQ.

KJ

Edited by Starfighter Jock

• LSP_K2 changed the title to Kotare 1/32 Spitfire Mk.Ia (Mid) just arrived

Interesting as mine has spent the last 5 days traveling between USPS LA distribution center and USPS in Carson CA, (about 10 miles apart).  Has made the loop 4 times now.  Called USPS, no help, can't even verify the address used.  My order shows correct address however, but not sure why Kotare put on the label. I have emailed Kotare, as USPS said that they would have to be the ones to contact USPS not me. 

Looking like this order will eventually go back to NZ. 

Paul 

Edited by Paul2660
spelling

I just got mine from our post woman. Oddly enough, I had received an email from Kotare just a few minutes before that saying it was out for delivery which prompted me to check the front door when the Canada Post van pulled up. 

4 hours ago, Paul2660 said:

Interesting as mine has spent the last 5 days traveling between USPS LA distribution center and USPS in Carson CA, (about 10 miles apart).  Has made the loop 4 times now.  Called USPS, no help, can't even verify the address used.  My order shows correct address however, but not sure why Kotare put on the label. I have emailed Kotare, as USPS said that they would have to be the ones to contact USPS not me. 

Looking like this order will eventually go back to NZ. 

Paul 

I know the feeling. I had an order from a shop 40 min away from me end up 1500km away before they realized their mistake and sent it back. Took almost 3 weeks before I got it. 

:m0152:

Mine arrived today too! I am absolutely thrilled as it has been well worth the wait.  The note from Mark Robson in particular was a really thoughtful touch - I particualarly liked the teaser from him about taking a look at what the old (surprisingly profitable) Matchbox company used to make "I have been thinking a great deal about the model company Matchbox. Contrary to most opinions about this brand, the plastic modelling division was apparently nicely profitable.....The principle of 4-5 sure fire sellers and then a risky subject serves as an example to me." I can only wish Kotare the very best for their future and I hope they sell huge numbers of this first kit, have many releases of whatever they choose to produce, whatever their strategy. Their first product itself is peerless. Wonderful. :)

Kind regards,

Paul

Edited by Archimedes