Zoukei Mura Fw-190 A-4

Jan_G

3 minutes ago, Grissom said:

Yes, I saw this kit advertised for sale on the Sprue Brothers website and I thought about buying it.  Unfortunately, their cheapest postage option is US$93.45, bringing the total sale cost to US$248 (including the mandatory Australian Goods and Services Tax).    

Yeow!! that's very steep1 TBH I don't know what the story really is, it's getting stupid and not just from here.

I don't know why postal costs are as high as they've become.   I suspect a bit of price 'ratcheting' occurred following COVID and the resultant squeeze on world trade.   From where I sit, postal costs have risen everywhere around the world but more so in the USA.   I have enjoyed the excellent customer service of Sprue Brothers, Victory Models and Two Bobs Decals, just to name a few, but they are no longer viable places for me to buy from because of the postal rates.  I used to buy hobby kits and supplied from  Hobby Link Japan but, since COVID broke out, they have also hiked their shipping costs.   I now only buy from HLJ when they offer a postal rate discount or when I share a package with a mate. 

It looks like just additional decal options from what I can see, it is up for pre-order in the U.S. on the Volks USA site.  I have the first release just awaiting markings I want to use for it.  At present I am inclined to do something other than the markings in the box.  If oneman army releases the masks to do the box version though I would be very tempted.  

1 minute ago, Rick Griewski said:

Standard as opposed to the “simplified”, less parts kit?

The first release had a figure included.  Other than that, Volks said the only difference was the markings.

1 minute ago, jwest21 said:

The first release had a figure included.  Other than that, Volks said the only difference was the markings.

The pricing makes more sense like that. I was wondering why the simplified version would only be so close in pricing...SB has the original at $130.  The parts count is curious tho... 359 to 314 on the new kit. 

Good to know it's coming, would be great if they could make one without the engine.  Also if like all other releases, (at least for the US), no need to pre-order as the US distributors I am sure will have plenty.  Pre-order gets you maybe 3 weeks earlier, and cash is taken at order.  

Paul C 

Just to Clarify ... I indicated "Standard" release ... as opposed to "Special Release" - not "Basic Series"

To celebrate their 10 year anniversary ZM announced 2 "Special Edition" releases. The Bf.109G-14 "Eric Hartmann" and the Fw190A-4 "Siegfried Schnell".

These kits were to be made available by pre-order only ... there was no limit on the pre-order but once the pre-order was finalised there will be no more re-issues as it is, as the name specifies a "Special Edition" ... A while after the kit is released a "Standard Edition" is released ... this is the kit that will not be determined by pre-orders and will continue to be produced from time to time.

Rog :)

I have the original release version of this. So the question is do I buy this one too, considering it;s better markings???

Hmmmm...... :hmmm:

Cheers,

Michael

8 hours ago, Artful69 said:

Just to Clarify ... I indicated "Standard" release ... as opposed to "Special Release" - not "Basic Series"

Thanks Rog, if this release is around $80. U.S. then it will be interesting to see what the Basic series goes for,

if it ever hits the market.  :shrug:

2 hours ago, Dpgsbody55 said:

I have the original release version of this. So the question is do I buy this one too, considering it;s better markings???

Hmmmm...... :hmmm:

Cheers,

Michael

The ‘original release’ is, in fact, the special addition … if you are a collector it would be wise to hang onto at least one of these “Siegfried Schnell” special additions unopened as no more of these will be made … otherwise it’s the same kit with different markings.

1 hour ago, MikeMaben said:

Thanks Rog, if this release is around $80. U.S. then it will be interesting to see what the Basic series goes for,

if it ever hits the market.  :shrug:

I just paid Y 30800 for 2 on preorder from Volks Japan (I’m in Australia - so $327.68 at the time) … Including shipping to my PO Box upon release - they are cheaper than buying them retail here even with free shipping! I just hope the packaging survives transport!!!

according to ZMs list, the next Fw-190 to be released is the A-3 which is slated for “Basic” configuration … of course there could be a kit or two released prior. I wouldn’t expect a drastic decrease in price - though it should be enough to attract some interest from those on the periphery - wanting an accurate model without the in depth assembly.

From what I can see from drawings there aren’t that many differences between the A-3 and A-4 so my theory is that there will be some substituted sprues with whole parts that would otherwise be sub-assemblies on the A-4 kit.

It will be interesting to find out!

Rog :)