1/32 vac. ID Models Lockheed Hudson

chrish

Thanks folks!!

I...having no shortage of insanity, have decided to add a bit of (not authentic) details to the cabin.

I think this is going to all for the insides until I tackle the nose section (with all those windows in it) and add a bit of kabobs and doodads in there.

The port side is basically done, although I think I may cut out the cabin door...

Evergreen I beam and .010"  square rod used for structure.

OfygDgB.jpg

added this picture but forgot to "set in place" the open box face for the spar;

iFyDv7X.jpg

6Wi0iKa.jpg

I guess I better finish the flooring as well...

Thanks for looking

8 hours ago, brahman104 said:

Wow Chris! You are smashing along on this one. Love the interior details..... the ribs look really nice!

Craig

Well coming from masters who build entire B-17’s from scratch….I’ll happily take that encouragement!

As well, thanks to all the folks supporting my attempt at finishing this model.

for the life of me I haven’t found another finished ID models 1/32 Hudson on the web…I know folks have started them but the threads just kind of peter out years ago.

I’ll try to avoid that…

6 hours ago, mozart said:

You’re doing a marvellous job Chris, and this is your first vac model? Truly impressive and most satisfying for you I’m sure. Stick with it! 

Thank you! I’m mostly standing on the shoulders of guys like tomprobert who’ve set the bar and shown how to do it, adapting what they’ve done and making my way from those masters

12 minutes ago, chrish said:

Thank you! I’m mostly standing on the shoulders of guys like tomprobert who’ve set the bar and shown how to do it, adapting what they’ve done and making my way from those masters

Best way to learn is from the masters....can't do better than that.

I think I'm getting near the end of what I'll put in the cabin area, unless I see whats in the tail area I'll just close it off with a bulkhead (working on that in these pics) The kit comes with a clear nose section, I'm thinking I can get away with adding some panels on the walls, a seat and some framing may be sufficient up there??

I'll have to cut off the white plastic nose about 1/2 way back from the front.

Anyway, here's where I'm at tonight.

9r9rMEn.jpg

93GEpuH.jpg

Tail wheel oleo/strut "borrowed" from my old "Charlie Brown shot to pieces B-17" project

The piece of solder beside the fuselage is what I've been using as a profile maker

6vl3cJa.jpg?1

VRE1faq.jpg

Thanks for looking