Red Pills Models F-4B

Avenger2614

How on earth am I the first person to post this? I saw on Facebook, in the "Phantom Phreaks" page, a user posted sprue shots from a new manufacturer called "Red Pills Models" who are releasing a new-tool F-4B, which is apparently the long-rumored cooperation project with SprueBrothers. The poster's name is Ed Okun, so if he's a member here, perhaps he can post the sprue shots here as well. I will attempt to upload them myself so we can all have a gander and begin the speculation. Hopefully this is the real deal! If these sprue shots are real, the initial detail looks good, but I would say it lands somewhere between Tamiya and Revell. Let the games begin!

**EDIT** Photos added below.

-Daniel S.

Arvada, CO

Edited by Avenger2614

13 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

Sprues look like recent Revell ones. I would not say Tamiya, at least not the 2022 Tamiya.

Nose wheel appears to have horrible sink marks, not common with most Tamiya kits. Aside from that though, what I see looks excellent.

41 minutes ago, Avenger2614 said:

I'm beginning to wonder if this will be entirely new-tool, or just conversion parts for existing Revell parts...

Not really relevant as even in such a case they need to make a new front fuselage, a new tail, new main wings, new wheels, new cockpit with new seats and new exhausts! And I do not even consider the warload! So, you need to replace close to 80% of the Revell parts to release a B.

2 hours ago, Avenger2614 said:

How on earth am I the first person to post this? I saw on Facebook, in the "Phantom Phreaks" page, a user posted sprue shots from a new manufacturer called "Red Pills Models" who are releasing a new-tool F-4B, which is apparently the long-rumored cooperation project with SprueBrothers. The poster's name is Ed Okun, so if he's a member here, perhaps he can post the sprue shots here as well. I will attempt to upload them myself so we can all have a gander and begin the speculation. Hopefully this is the real deal! If these sprue shots are real, the initial detail looks good, but I would say it lands somewhere between Tamiya and Revell. Let the games begin!

**EDIT** Photos added below.

-Daniel S.

Arvada, CO

Ed is a member here

11 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

Nose wheel appears to have horrible sink marks, not common with most Tamiya kits. Aside from that though, what I see looks excellent.

Well is this not the sort of thing test shots are used to find?  Hopefully they fix the issue. 

Having not built or even checked out the Tamiya 1/48 F-4B are the jet exhaust nozzles molded the same?  Not so sure I like the fact the the nozzles have been quartered into four parts each.  Kind of wondering how the seems on those will be and how difficult would it be to fill them if necessary.  Though I suppose this might be a good case to use the old Q-tip, Squadron white putty and finger nail polish remover trick... 

Anyway it looks pretty good so far. Here's hoping we have a great 1/32 F-4B at last.

Edited by Mark B.

The nozzle details on the exterior surface looks good, cannot say the same for the interior faces and actuators.

Good to see someone had the good idea to include the cockpit mirrors.

Looking forward to seeing how the rest comes as well as the announced other F-4 variants.

Well, they are Red Pills Models, facing the realities of the complexities in producing such a kit.

All I say is, "Red Pills Models, Take My Money". I don't mind a tad of filling and sanding in order to get a 1/32 F-4B.

It already looks way more of a thoroughbred than my planned Tamiya-Cutting Edge mongrel. 

Tony