THE EYE OF THE STORM! Revell Hurricane

quang

Seeing the various in-box reviews has made me go from Meh to Yay regarding Revell's new Hurricane. 

But can you already now build a Mk IIc from the basic plastic in this release?
I can see the proper Hispano barrels are there but the corresponding wing leading edge inserts for the guns still seem to be missing on the sprues.
Otherwise I will hold out for the dedicated Mk IIc release that we all know will come... :)

1 hour ago, Anders_Isaksson said:

Seeing the various in-box reviews has made me go from Meh to Yay regarding Revell's new Hurricane. 

But can you already now build a Mk IIc from the basic plastic in this release?
I can see the proper Hispano barrels are there but the corresponding wing leading edge inserts for the guns still seem to be missing on the sprues.
Otherwise I will hold out for the dedicated Mk IIc release that we all know will come... :)

The wing panels on the IIb and IIc are completely different.

I received my kit today, was a little disappointed when I realised that one side of the rudder and both flaps were short shot. I have not looked at every post but have not noticed people complaining, but best check your kits. I have sent pictures to Revell so will see how quickly they respond and send replacements.

3 hours ago, Ali62 said:

I received my kit today, was a little disappointed when I realised that one side of the rudder and both flaps were short shot. I have not looked at every post but have not noticed people complaining, but best check your kits. I have sent pictures to Revell so will see how quickly they respond and send replacements.

Well that's a little disconcerting. I'm still waiting for the 3 that I preordered . Starting to put my teeth on edge

3 hours ago, Ali62 said:

Seems like Revell usually is on top of things like this, hope it works that way. 

10 hours ago, Mark M said:

question before i order the montex masks

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/MXK32354?result-token=EyQs8

is everything in there for this tropical hurricane?

Hi Mark, I'm no expert but I think there is, well at least the bigger filter is included and the error of including the tropical fuselarge vents for the non-tropical and early aircraft plays in your favour. 

neil

15 hours ago, Mark M said:

question before i order the montex masks

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/MXK32354?result-token=EyQs8

is everything in there for this tropical hurricane?

DAMN! Montex did the same scheme I have chosen for my Hurricane :BANGHEAD2: 

To answer @Mark M question, yes you have everything you need to make the tropical version with the Revell kit. Scissor on tail wheel strut needs to be removed and modified to ‘straight’. 
HTH

Cheers,

Quang

18 hours ago, Ali62 said:

The first of my two pre-ordered kits arrived over the weekend, no such issues found. 

for those building the night fighter scheme there are no stencils provided in the kit. I bought a set of H-Model Decals for hurricane night fighters from Hannants. These are well worth the money I think, you get enough for 3 aircraft, 2 nighter fighters in red and 1 day scheme in black. Having used them tonight they make a real difference to the all black scheme and work perfectly well.

5 hours ago, Finn said:

Quang you can always go with rockets under one wing and a fuel tank under the other:

https://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/205209482

Jari

Thank you Jari for the heads-up. I always liked the asymmetrical ordnance on a plane but I’ll keep it for a second Hurri.

For this one, it’s too late.  I’d keep on with my first choice.

Quang

The rockets were fitted to the later Mk RAF Hurricanes, On the Mk II's I think only the Navy and Coastal Command had first  dibs on rockets for the anti-shipping work so the Sea Hurricane would ok with rockets, and as Revell has kindly included the parts for Sea Hurricane.:clap2:

So as I received  my Hurricane today (very nice and ok) and nearly finishing updating the MDC rockets It looks good for a spot of building :blink:

Bob