THE EYE OF THE STORM! Revell Hurricane

quang

8 hours ago, quang said:

Instrument panel. Basic but can be easily enhanced! Ditto the side door!

Thanks for the photos.  One small point though: it's not a "side door", it's an escape hatch.  If that was open it meant that the aircraft had just crashed, or was in the process of doing so.

10 hours ago, Scotsman said:

My one arrived to-day , but it's under the tree and my wife's beady eye is ensuring it isn't touched until the weekend - Dammit!

Have you not got a dog or cat who could shred the wrapping?  "Well I know it's not Christmas, but I may as well finish opening it now ..." :whistle:

thanks for posting these photos, that's good news on the options especially the sea hurricane - I can see a decent collection of mixed marks and camouflage hurricanes on my shelves in future - this looks like a great value for money kit offering many hours of pleasurable building for me. @Radub you should feel proud to be part of the team on this impressive kit. 

neil

1 hour ago, MikeC said:

One small point though: it's not a "side door", it's an escape hatch.  If that was open it meant that the aircraft had just crashed, or was in the process of doing so.

Thanks Mike. That was (hopefully) my last senior moment of 2022 :BANGHEAD2: 

33 minutes ago, MikeC said:

If you're anything like my age, they're allowed.

I can see from your profile that you were born one day ahead of me. Though it didn’t say which year :whistle:

Edited by quang

A quick dry-fit.

Everything appears to be A-OK. Sturdy styrene with no blemish, distortion and adequate mouldings albeit it could be a bit crisper.

The ingenious belly-assembly with no less than 11 attachment points insured for a correct and faultless dihedral.

FDE51-D12-53-D1-4-F08-9-D84-307-FD5-D7-F

Fit is more than adequate.
820-FD4-C4-6-A20-45-FA-8-B3-D-916573-D4-

The extra .303 Browning suitably staggered apertures are included.
D9-D7-F78-E-A8-D0-4487-88-A3-B86-BB686-D

Pilot’s seat is detailed front AND back with the obligatory leather patch on the seat pan.
6-C74930-A-1-C7-D-4702-B538-6-DE8-A070-A

24-E485-D1-0133-4299-B2-FA-2310-C8-CB665

Landing lights and housings
6042461-A-67-AA-4-FB6-BCBC-A373-FFF28971

Escape hatch with leather pouch
F34-C2-F7-E-1-A48-42-F4-BF82-E55-D8-A451

Apertures for the remaining MG ready to be patched over and painted red. 
F645-A82-A-341-E-40-FE-A716-B0-EFC353-AB

In all, this is the PERFECT model kit in my book: adequately accurate, well moulded, reasonably detailed with great opportunities for improvement and most of all, affordable. 
Thank you Revell and the team for this instant classic. :bow:
Cheers,

Quang

2 hours ago, quang said:

Thanks Mike. That was (hopefully) my last senior moment of 2022 :BANGHEAD2: 

Side door? Escape hatch? Semantics in my book. All good quang, well done with your coverage of the kit. :goodjob:

What we do need is some decals for 151 Wing in Russia! AND, a follow up with a Mk I. Or is that open for Kotare? 

So, good folk of LSP. What markings are we applying to our lovely new Revell Hurricanes?

Both options in the box are eminently useable, but neither really fires my imagination.. Do we have any other options in the aftermarket arena? A quick Googly search and the useful 'here are some more decals you might find useful' on Hannants page for the Hurricane, haven't yielded me anything..