Tamiya F-16 Aggressor, Kicked Up a Notch, May 10: Clear Gloss Coat

chuck540z3

Hi Chuck, nice start!

I finished one of these in the T-Bird markings last year and even without aftermarket parts the landing gears are a pain if mounted out of sequence. But who wants to mount them early on? I also made it more complicated by adding lights and sound.

I like the thorough explanations and pics, and I will be following no matter how long it takes.

Cheers,

Mark

5 hours ago, chuck540z3 said:

I finally retired this year which would normally mean more time for modeling, but it’s probably going to be the opposite scenario for at least a year or more. 

Yep that's often the case. If something needs to be done, you might as well do it now. No more putting everything off 'til the week end.

I've been your fan for several years now. I'm always happy to see your work and often save it for reference. A few months ago I started working on my Falcon. So I will watch. It's going to be interesting, gosh. Here's what I'm working with. Progress is small as of today, I plan to open the discussion when I can show the finished parts.

20220127-203539.jpg

20220607-213854.jpg

20220607-204909.jpg

20220611-195049.jpg

Edited by Memphis

Oh - This is going to be good. Welcome to the F-16 Club Chuck ^_^ Very much looking forward to following this build.

I was actually thinking about doing "Ghost" next but now I have to do something else :D - This also means that Pete will not have to worry anymore..I think :rolleyes:

/Niels

Thank you everyone.  I hope you are as patient as I will be slow!

1 hour ago, Zola25 said:

Oh - This is going to be good. Welcome to the F-16 Club Chuck ^_^ Very much looking forward to following this build.

I was actually thinking about doing "Ghost" next but now I have to do something else :D - This also means that Pete will not have to worry anymore..I think :rolleyes:

/Niels

Hi Niels and thank you for stopping by.  Your "Venom Viper" is one of the best F-16's out there and is very inspirational.  Just awesome!

Question:  How did you get the metal landing gear to fit the Aires main gear bay and did you do it near the end of the build?  I'm always curious as to how others solved this problem, since maybe I missed something.

Cheers,

Chuck

Edited by chuck540z3

29 minutes ago, chuck540z3 said:

Thank you everyone.  I hope you are as patient as I will be slow!

Hi Niels and thank you for stopping by.  Your "Venom Viper" is one of the best F-16's out there and is very inspirational.  Just awesome!

Question:  How did you get the metal landing gear to fit the Aires main gear bay and did you do it near the end of the build?  I'm always curious as to how others solved this problem, since maybe I missed something.

Cheers,

Chuck

Thanks Chuck

The first time I built that combo I attached the landing gear as one of the last things but I had honestly overlooked that it could no go in - I had to cut my way through and it was a big mess. When I made the "Venom Viper" I installed the gear before installing the wheelbay. It is not optimal to have them hanging there for the entire build but I wrapped them in plastic and they survived ok. It is a shame that Aires did not consider this issue. In the future I would do the same as the Venom build

/Niels