1/32 Douglas TBD-1 Devastator by Trumpeter - TBD-1A in October 2023!

Kagemusha

38 minutes ago, Mark_C said:

Did anyone notice this? :o

DEv.png

As if it wasn't slow & cumbersome enough, somebody who really hated navy pilots decided to add a pair of giant arsed floats!? And then 80 years later, some random bloke in a Chinese model company decided it deserves a 1/32 kit?!

Just wierd.

12 hours ago, DeanKB said:

It's Trumpy, releasing a kit that's SO bad - even by their standards - that they've left it 2 decades before finally releasing the bloody thing.

This'll sadly be the kit the infamous Trumpy C & D development teams have cut their teeth on over the years, and even they haven't had the balls to call it done & release it.

€90?! I'll pass and smugly await the inevitable "the shapes all wrong" reviews. 

If the shapes not all wrong, and the reviews reveal a passable attempt, I'll buy one.

But I'm not holding my breath.

eeyore-winnie-the-pooh.gif

;)

1 hour ago, coogrfan said:

eeyore-winnie-the-pooh.gif

;)

55 minutes ago, ChuckD said:

Truth.  Who hurt you, Dean?  :D

My bad! Caught me in a bad mood - my brand bloody new Hyundai Kona electric was in an accident 2 weeks ago, and the bloody insurance company still have it in the RAC compound, awaiting a repairer! Apparently, repairers are getting very choosy, and they'll not repair vehicles that are not driveable!!! The front passenger wheel hit a low wall at an angle (not my fault...), pushing the tyre clean off the wheel and knocking the wheel out of alignment. Not a massive repair job, but trying to find a garage in south Wales wanting to do it is akin to searching for rocking horse pooh!

In the interim, I've got a Ford Focus automatic. Not a bad car, but Ford's auto's change gear like a tractor, and I miss the Kona's ability to go from zero to quite a lot in a very short time. Once you're used to driving electric, getting used to the delay as a petrol car winds up is a strange feeling, a couple of times I've put my foot down and gone nowhere, which is a scary feeling when you're trying to pull out onto a very busy roundabout from a standing start.

Sorry, Trumpeter, please ignore me!

This came from Squadron just now:

" Aftermarket Decals for TBD Devastator

The first 1/32 scale Decal sets from Gold Medal Model will be released this summer along with this Trumpeter kit... yes, that is right! With the help of Mark Tutton, we are releasing several sets of 1/32 TBD decal sheets with multiple aircraft options included in each set. And, if that is not enough we have teamed up with author Dana Bell to release a TBD Devastator In Action book. We are all in on Devastator and very excited to bring you the first TBD in action book since 1989, and only the second one ever.

We will have Decal images and Book Covers up on the website soon for pre-order. Anybody that pre-orders the Trumpeter TBD kit BEFORE we post the decals and books information will receive a special discount code in your email to get a special price on the decal set of their choice (or all of them) and/or the book. SO, just another reason to go ahead and get your Trumpeter TBD kit on Pre-Order with us today if you have not already! "