Next Kotaré kit after Spitfire ??? ...

MikeMaben

19 hours ago, ringleheim said:

It does nothing for me either, just like the Mosquito...a kit that sold so poorly it scared Tamiya away from 1/32 aircraft forever....apparently.

I just love the Mosquito, but find the Tamiya kit to be just a bit too much for my liking.

1 hour ago, LSP_Ray said:

Oh, and didnt Infinity models already say a Beau is in the future?

Lets get a good look at the Spit Ia before we have them take on the world.

Probably sound advice, Ray. I already suspect that the Spit will be a "must have" for me (to add to the humongous pile of other "must have" kits that I already have lying around all over the place).

22 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

and WnW's proved you can create a market if your product is excellent.

Sort of the "Field of Dreams" approach, and may well be true for some. Never in my life did I desire a 1:32 Fokker E.IV before WNW released a kit of it, but I bought one anyway. For the most part though, no matter how well a manufacturer does a specific kit, if I didn't already like the real aircraft to begin with, I still wouldn't buy one, as in the case of a Hornet.

24 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

Zoukei Mura have one planned.

They also make kits that are too complicated with many parts that will never see the light of day again once made up. Not for me thanks.

The Hornet is a lovely looking aircraft but personally i think Kontare should get some highly rated mainstream kits under their belt before doing some 'left field' aircraft

16 minutes ago, AlanG said:

They also make kits that are too complicated with many parts that will never see the light of day again once made up. Not for me thanks.

The Hornet is a lovely looking aircraft but personally i think Kontare should get some highly rated mainstream kits under their belt before doing some 'left field' aircraft

ZM have stated they're producing some "basic" kits amongst the Fw 190 releases, the D might be one... And there is the possibility Revell might follow on from their A and F's.

On 6/23/2022 at 9:43 AM, MikeMaben said:

one of their next projects is proposed to be a 1/32 De Havilland Hornet or Sea Hornet

"... one of their next projects ..." to me does not necessarily mean it will be project number two, it may be further down the line than that.  Personally I'd love to see a Hornet, but I'd prefer to see some recce Spitfires first - one can but dream. :piliot:

So where are we going with this folks. Talking about subjects that could be improved upon. at what point do we say a given subject has reached utopia, is the Tamiya mosquito an example of that ?! And as pointed out it crashed. This accuracy thing is partially in the mind of the beholder, plans vary, museum examples vary because they have been repaired etc. Sorry but I am old school, if it looks right it is right ! Yes the economic outlook is dubious but on balance our hobby has gone through something of a renaissance and any manufacturer looking to further their catalogue will know this. Churning out old supposedly improved more complex more expensive subjects is not going to wash ! 

thanks

jon      

On 6/24/2022 at 10:39 AM, adameliclem said:

There are more blokes down the pub who actually do know the Queen than blokes who actually know what Kotare’s plans are.

My Mum met the Queen, an Old Phil, and Frank Sinatra, and Jerry Lewis, I think that makes me a clown prince of some sort?

3 hours ago, Mark P said:

... I think it was done a few pages ago....

Hey , I was just propagating a rumor. :rolleyes:  I had no idea it would turn into another wish list.  :sorry:

Remember tho, in the beginning they said they were looking to to do kits that appealed

to the 'average' modeler which includes no one here ...  right ?

ksnKs5u.gif

;)

Just read over on BM that there is a Hornet being restored in NZ so maybe they would have access to a bunch of data to make their job easier at least to do the design work. Sales is another area of course.

TRF

4 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

Hey , I was just propagating a rumor. :rolleyes:  I had no idea it would turn into another wish list.  :sorry:

Remember tho, in the beginning they said they were looking to to do kits that appealed

to the 'average' modeler which includes no one here ...  right ?

;)

I'm very average. I want the finished article done to an acceptable standard by walking over a picturesque Japanese garden bridge, not an epic climb up the north face of the Eiger.

Tony