1/32 Hasegawa Ki-61 Tei Hien

Thunnus

On 8/15/2023 at 9:39 AM, Shoggz said:

Just superb..

Thank you, Richard!

On 8/15/2023 at 10:40 AM, Cycling Guy said:

Excellent work. It feels like this one came together so quickly. I think I’ll be working on the Ki84 after all. 

Thanks Sean!  Hasegawa always does a great job with Japanese subjects and I've heard that the Ki-84 kit is a good one.  So it should be enjoyable for you to build and for us to watch!

On 8/15/2023 at 1:39 PM, JayW said:

WOW!!  Beautiful.  You started this project over a year ago.  How time flies.  

Lot of stop and go on this project but it looks like it is approaching the finish line.  Yes, time flies, especially for us old dudes.

23 hours ago, alaninaustria said:

Beautiful work mate! I just love your builds!

Very nice!

Cheers

Alan

Ps. Do you sell your builds or, do you display them at home? Would love to see how you display your builds. 

Thank you, Alan!  Almost all of my 1/32 work is per commission.  But I currently have a backlog of builds that I've yet to mail out.  Those are kept in a dust-proof cabinet until its time to ship.

23 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Exquisite work, John!

Kev

Thank you, Kevin!

23 hours ago, Troy Molitor said:

Another spectacular build coming to conclusion.   :bow:.   

Thanks, Troy!

14 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

Quite nice John  :bow:

Thank you, Mike!

13 hours ago, nmayhew said:

Hey,

been following this and it’s really looking cool!

i like the thinned black/brown spray approach though personally I would be a bit apprehensive of spraying on too much, but I guess once you have airbrush technique nailed it’s ok

i also like the buffing / gentle sanding for additional effects - I will definitely be trying that!

thanks as always for sharing your builds here

Nick

Thanks, Nick! I appreciate the opportunity to share and post here at LSP very much.

1 hour ago, scvrobeson said:

It's rounding the final corner, and it looks like another winner from you.  Always enjoy following your build process John

Matt 

Thanks, Matt!

Rolling toward completion, slowly but surely.  The landing gear legs have been glued into place.
IMG-4961.jpg

IMG-4962.jpg

After the glue dries and legs are solidly in place, I attach the wheels with 2-part epoxy (JB Kwik Weld).
IMG-4963.jpg

The epoxy gives me time to orient the flat spot of the tires onto the ground.
IMG-4964.jpg

The covers for the landing gear and the inner wheel well doors are glued on next
IMG-4965.jpg

IMG-4966.jpg

The Hien is on her own legs.  Only a few more bits and pieces to add.  The next update will probably be an RFI!
IMG-4967.jpg