Kotare 1/32 Spitfire Mk.Ia (Mid), with Mk.I (Early) and Mk.Va announced

John Stambaugh

13 hours ago, Uncarina said:

According to the Kotare website, the mid-production series had N3### and P9### serials, so look for those on the 1/32 sheet.

Cheers,  Tom

Unbeknownst to me, the one I had previously selected and bought decals for months ago is in that data range. Lucky me! I'll be building N3290, GR-U of 92 Squadron. Lost on 23 May 1940 after combat with Bf-110's/Bf-109's. Crash-landed in France, pilot J A Gillies was a POW for the remainder of the war. It's a sharp looking bird, with the natural metal cowling and underfuselage, with the black/white wing and horizontal bottoms.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

2 hours ago, Dennis7423 said:

Unbeknownst to me, the one I had previously selected and bought decals for months ago is in that data range. Lucky me! I'll be building N3290, GR-U of 92 Squadron. Lost on 23 May 1940 after combat with Bf-110's/Bf-109's. Crash-landed in France, pilot J A Gillies was a POW for the remainder of the war. It's a sharp looking bird, with the natural metal cowling and underfuselage, with the black/white wing and horizontal bottoms.

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

I'm in a similar boat, have some masks for DW-E R6629 which is a Spitfire Ia, so am going to do GR-G P9372, and I'll do DW-E later, the pilot has the same surname as a mate, Manton, was from the NW of England, was killed quite early on, but no less brave than the most successful of aces.

Which reminds me, might have posted before, but here are some profiles by Mark Syling, they're from the Osprey books, link.

6 hours ago, Dennis7423 said:

- Dennis S.

Mount Juliet, TN USA

Will be a great subject! But note the lower fuselage was painted silver, not left natural metal.

323144953_576083541019748_75852058644693

K32004 Kotare 1/32 Spitfire Mk.I (Early)

New model announced at Telford in November 2022 and in development for release in 2023 – Designed and engineered for accuracy, detail and easy assembly – 152 high-quality injection moulded parts featuring 35 all new tooled early production parts which include optional non-armoured canopies with open & closed (raised & flat) hoods and open & closed cockpit doors with ring-pull detail – Other early production parts include ring & bead sights, exposed gun flash suppressors, anti-spin parachute guard, externally mounted Type G22 cine camera, dual tube pitot head, early style triple ejector nozzle exhaust outlets, aerial mast, Watts two-blade propeller, instrument panel, exposed fuel tank with side & rear fairings, extended (uncut) engine cowlings - High quality Cartograf decals for 3 colour schemes from 1938, 1939 & 1940 – Fully illustrated instruction manual. Preliminary box art sketch shown.

322878686_692186679225180_24966655547695

K32002 Kotare 1/32 Spitfire Mk.Va

New model announced at Telford in November 2022 and in development for release in 2023 – Designed and engineered for accuracy, detail and easy assembly – 142 high-quality injection moulded parts featuring 40 all new tooled parts which include optional blind flying instrument panels, open & closed canopies with Martin Baker hood ejection system and composite seats with & without harness detail – Other all new parts include engine driven undercarriage retraction, R3002 IFF Mk.II, fireproof bulkhead, dual height foot pedals, raised rivet radio & accumulator hatches, engine top cowling with revised Mk.II/V glycol tank filler door position, ice guard and port fillets with electrical socket – High quality Cartograf decals for 3 colour schemes from 1941 & 1942 including Douglas Bader’s W3185 D-B “Lord Lloyd No.1” – Fully illustrated instruction manual.

7 minutes ago, npb748r said:

looks like they have formally announced the release of the next 2 kits on facebook according to Britmodeller. I don't have facebook so can't confirm but pictures of the front cover of the instructions are shown.  Sorry iof this is old news, if so Mods please delete. 

thanks

neil

It is contained within the other thread, unofficially, but thanks for the update, I'll merge it with the other thread and amend its title.

• Kagemusha changed the title to Kotare 1/32 Spitfire Mk.Ia (Mid), with Mk.I (Early) and Mk.Va announced
22 hours ago, Landrotten Highlander said:

I have not been following this thread for a while so this may be old news for some.

Got in touch with Jadlam where I pre-ordered the Kotare-kit and they informed me that the kit is expected summer 2023.

Hope that there will be no more delays...

For those that ordered direct from Kotare, they sent an email that said they should be shipping February/March time frame.  I ordered direct personally but I personally would not be that worried if it took another year.  However I suspect we will have our kits by Summer.  Since they added parts for the first round of delay, if they delay and add parts every three months, I should get the kit and need no aftermarket.:D