Hasegawa 1/32 Fw190D-9 re-issue?

jeroen_R90S

I have one of these in my stash.  It looks like a fairly simple kit to build.

zDz94p.jpg

I think I bought it around the turn of the century, which would make it the oldest LSP in my stash.  Soon after I bought this;

MsAykv.jpg

which made me afraid to build it, hence the reason for it being in my stash to this day as it involves much cutting and hacking at the plastic.  Then I see wonderful builds by modellers much more talented than me such as the one above, which does nothing to allay those fears.

One day.....  :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Michael

2 hours ago, Dpgsbody55 said:

I have one of these in my stash.  It looks like a fairly simple kit to build.

zDz94p.jpg

I think I bought it around the turn of the century, which would make it the oldest LSP in my stash.  Soon after I bought this;

MsAykv.jpg

which made me afraid to build it, hence the reason for it being in my stash to this day as it involves much cutting and hacking at the plastic.  Then I see wonderful builds by modellers much more talented than me such as the one above, which does nothing to allay those fears.

One day.....  :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Michael

Looking at your Falco build right now, I think you don’t have to be afraid of anything this kit might offer as challenge !

Looking forward for this reissue as well ! You never have enough long nose in the piles.. 

Cheers 

Mathieu

3 hours ago, Dpgsbody55 said:

Soon after I bought this;

MsAykv.jpg

Cheers,

Michael

I've pretty much concluded that I'm going to buy this set, strip out the wheel wells and 'pit, then sell off the rest, as I can't find the wheel well set alone anywhere, even though I know they made one.

10 hours ago, MDuv said:

Looking at your Falco build right now, I think you don’t have to be afraid of anything this kit might offer as challenge !

Looking forward for this reissue as well ! You never have enough long nose in the piles.. 

Cheers 

Mathieu

Thanks for that, Mathieu, but the Falco build is a much simpler build.  Wait to see what sort of a mess I can make of the engine plumbing!! :lol: 

One thought I've had more recently is to build the kit with the Aires cockpit and gun enhancements, then build the engine to display on a separate stand.  Not sure yet, but I do feel a little more confident to build this today than I did 20 years ago.

Cheers,

Michael