A.B.&K. Hobby kits new P-39 Airacobra 1/32

pvanroy

Interesting, and probably one I may add to my stash.  It will need to be good to beat the KH kit, which in my opinion is very good.  I have a second one in my stash.  But in a sense and because of the KH kit, I'm a little disappointed as I would have preferred a P-63 Kingcobra.  Maybe after the P-39??

Cheers,

Michael

On 8/30/2021 at 11:03 PM, pvanroy said:

If you have a look at the link I provided, you'll see that the designer states that's he's been working on it for almost a year, using original archival materials, which would seem to exclude it being a reissue of any kind. Furthermore, the designer of the kit states that it will be issued in 1/72, 1/48 and 1/32 scales. Hope this clarifies things.

Thanks. It was all Greek (Russian?) to me

Any indication of the timeframe? Or is it just a dream? 

Tony 

On 8/31/2021 at 11:29 AM, quang said:

If you’re read MY BUILD thoroughly, the KH kit length was corrected accordingly. ;).

Thanks to the tireless efforts of model builders like yourself, going to the trouble to correct that 1/8 inch glich in the length of the kit aft of the cockpit, this practically guaranteed intervention by the model gods to insure that some manufacturer would come along and make a proper P-39.  The model gods are pleased with your work.  Now to complete the blessing on the model world you must remove your model from the "shelf of doom" and complete the model you have started.

Edited by esarmstrong

5 hours ago, esarmstrong said:

The model gods are pleased with your work.  Now to complete the blessing on the model world you must remove your model from the "shelf of doom" and complete the model you have started.

There’s no model gods. Just the simple pleasure of fondling plastic while searching for a way to solve a modelling issue. ;)