Fisher Models 1/32 RB-51 Red Baron rerelease

wrbrdmech

Hi guys,

I've been an LSP member for quite awhile but haven’t posted in a few years.  I was on a Racing Models Facebook page and someone was looking for a Fisher 1/32 RB-51. It gave me an idea to see if I could reproduce a new run of RB-51’s from new moulds.  I’ve talked to Paul Fisher and he has given the project his blessing. I have a casting guy on board and I have a friend that is going to let me use his pristine RB-51 to make the new moulds off of. My idea to produce a run of 50 kits and if the first run sells out possibly doing a second run of 50. That’s probably all there will ever be. If this venture is successful enough some other Fisher Models subjects may see the light of day again as well. I’m not asking for deposits but I would like to start building a list of serious interested buyers so I can gauge interest in the project. Please post in this thread if you would like to see the RB-51 available to buy again. Cost has not been figured yet but I will keep costs down as much as possible and am not looking to Jack the price up just because the kit is being rereleased. 

thanks

Shane Pulliam

Couple of thoughts.

I personally have no interest in the RB-51, and don't see it being the best choice to restart the line. I could be totally wrong.I would think another run of Panthers, Cougars or Sea Fury would be a better choice. But that's just my opinion as someone that has no interest in racers.  I would love to get my hands on the Skyray

.Another things is this. You have to get this right. Fishers kits were, to many people, the "Tamiya" of resin kits. If you put out anything other than that, not only will you be doing a disservice to the people who buy them ( and incurring their wrath), but to Paul and the reputation his original kits have built. If you can accomplish that, and get the buyers on board, I say good luck and hope its successful. 

No interest in the RB-51, but  plenty of wants from lots of his other kits.  I remember Paul was discussing a correction for the Trumpeter A-10 around the time of the fire as well.  I'd love to get a Cougar and a Cutlass. And the photo Crusader conversion.

Having been to Reno on several occasions, including the 50th anniversary race, I love the RB 51.

However, already owning a copy of Paul's kit, I personally would not be buying another. I might suggest rereleasing a different kit of Paul's if more sales are the goal. I could be wrong, and the RB might garner enough orders, but it seems a more popular kit might bring in more money.

I also understand this is more about the RB 51 and not necessarily about bringing Paul's kits back to life.