Fisher Models 1/32 RB-51 Red Baron rerelease

wrbrdmech

19 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

I'm certainly not interested; never did have any interest at all in racers, but as some others have pointed out, one of the other subjects may be a lot more palatable to other folks. Just my opinion.

To this end, I'd be in for a Fat-face Skyraider conversion too :D

Almost had the money saved up to buy one when tragedy stuck :(

22 hours ago, mkd1966 said:

Be nice to see the fat face skyraider conversions come back - especially after the prices I've seen of the last 3 or 4 go for on ebay...

Mike

It’s a long ways away to know if this work out well enough to release other Fisher kits. Some Fisher kits won’t be considered for rerelease because of numbers Paul has given me on how few of the kits originally sold. One kit that did sell very well for him was the Fat Face. It’s definitely on the list to consider rereleasing. 

4 minutes ago, wrbrdmech said:

It’s a long ways away to know if this work out well enough to release other Fisher kits. Some Fisher kits won’t be considered for rerelease because of numbers Paul has given me on how few of the kits originally sold. One kit that did sell very well for him was the Fat Face. It’s definitely on the list to consider rereleasing. 

Honestly I think that is the smart way to do it. If the quality can be kept high, & the subjects are as you say, some of his better selling ones,  as well as trying to keep prices reasonable, I think this could work out very well. 

Hey guys thanks for all the great feedback and support. This idea originated on the FB racing aircraft models page and because of the low parts count it is considered a good candidate to test out recasting a Fisher product and to see quality of our castings. I want this to represent what Paul was producing. This kit was also one of Paul’s best sellers so that was another reason for choosing this as the first subject. I’m just waiting to meet up with the caster and give him the kit. I’m doing some behind the scenes work to see about improving some things on the kit as well. Stay tuned. There will be another update after the Nationals in Vegas next week. 

Thanks

Shane

2 minutes ago, zerosystem said:

Shane, do you have someone lined up to do the metal gear as well?

There might be a chance to even change the connecting point to reflect a joint for other metal P-51 gear. I can't remember but thought the RB had fairly standard P-51 gear.

Shane, LSPers,

Greetings.... and...What Ups!

Great to read of Paul's stuff getting a new birth/light of day so to speak/well typed, LOL!

Serious talk/type though... The RB-51 is an AMAZING subject, and though not my cup of tea, would still jump on it if it's feasible.

But....

If the detail sets (ALL) for the Hawker Sea Fury were to come to light again... Uuuuuuuuhhhh.... Happy Dance, and wallet from my  pants, rear right pocket, would jump up and say...pay, pay, pay, all day, day, day!!! LOL

Stir the pot I do!!! Stirring and stirring the brew..... Uhhhhhhhh.. LOL

Alfonso, the Cuban instigator

Cuban Sea Fury, pending, see Y'all later!!!

BTW, When I go out of town from Miami to work, I come to Northern California to work soooo these and those fires I know 

If this manages to pan out, I have an unmolested AD-5 conversion set I could offer up for reproduction, as well as some of his 4-shot Zuni rocket pods. I've been holding out on building it for just this eventuality, with 3D printing becoming better and better and others stepping up to recreate Paul's masterpieces. I want to do anything I can to help Paul's amazing products get into more modeler's hands.

-Daniel S.

Arvada, CO

On 8/13/2021 at 6:56 PM, zerosystem said:

Shane, do you have someone lined up to do the metal gear as well?

Actually not yet. The vendor I was hoping to use can’t handle that large of an order at this time. Do you have someone in mind? DM me the info. Thanks

Great to hear, and I hope Paul is well!

I would take a Red Baron, also a fat face conversion, anything sea fury (I want a two seater as well as the single) also the Panther if it was to be offered again!

it’s a great initiative, Paul’s work was beautiful to build!

Cheers

Andy

• 2 months later...

All in for A-1E Skyraider

On 8/12/2021 at 1:45 PM, mkd1966 said:

Be nice to see the fat face skyraider conversions come back - especially after the prices I've seen of the last 3 or 4 go for on ebay...

Mike