RFI - Fokker F.I 103/17 - Werner Voss 1917

Out2gtcha

Fantastic job Brian!  The Aviattic decals look really good.  I have this kit and plan to do a von Richthofen build, as the kit has his bust and I want to try my hand at painting a larger scale figure.  Looking at your build though does make me consider other schemes and pilots.

Ernest

Thanks guys, very kind of you to comment. Ill be picking another one of these up for sure. The kit is just a lot of fun and goes together really well after some hot water or air treatment on the wings.

Nice!

It definitely is a nice kit. I’m part way through my build and have been inspired by yours. 

The Aviattic decals look great and I don’t see any silvering of decals. I didn’t have any issues with the wings but had a bugger of a time with the upper decal on the axle wing which surprised me as there’s absolutely no raised detail to contend with. 

Thanks for posting the RFI pics.

Cheers,

Wolf

Great finish on this Brian.

I'd be hard pressed to take to decals to the level you did.  Kudos for the results.

When, if or ever I get to a Fokker using the "streaking" finish I might line myself up for some pure angst and attempt to paint.  Or follow your steps on another level of angst and use decals.

I also love the story of his last dogfight.