Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

Not new, but lost and found:

scheunenfund14ukyd.jpg

While undergoing stash reduction (selling my braille scale stuff at Ebay)  I've opened a dusty box from the darkest corner of the cellar. Look what I've found! A 1/350th I-400 submarine, largest conventional sub of the world ever, destroyer sized. Special edition with clear parts, extra extra PE, brass torpedoes and more stuff! A mini aircraftcarrier intended to bomb the Panama canal sluice gates. I did remember I owned this kit but not where to find it. But I didn't remember I owned this FVM J23. Resin kit. Must be from a vacation in Sweden a decade ago. An Ethiopian tankette, post-WW2 (!), that served the Negus as well as the commies well into the 70ies. And not to forget this splendid Flying Tigers aviator with cat and Kityhawk. All you see on the photos is really in the box. Paint and glue required!

Also a Verlinden 1/32 interior set for the Mig-21, some HAD stuff for the Mig-21, a lot of Verlinden sets for armor, a scale nuke and lots of other useful stuff.

Regards

- dutik

Nothing unusual except the price. I per chance found this at a local supplier for almost a $135 less than the going price in Europe and England (and saved on the post and import  duty.:P) Modeling budget for a few months gone but I think worth it.

405-CBF36-780-D-41-D2-B93-D-9-C359812-E2

Nick

Edited by Cheetah11

6 hours ago, Cheetah11 said:

Nothing unusual except the price. I per chance found this at a local supplier for almost a $135 less than the going price in Europe and England (and saved on the post and import  duty.:P) Modeling budget for a few moths gone but I think worth it.

405-CBF36-780-D-41-D2-B93-D-9-C359812-E2

Nick

Excellent. I've currently got my heart set on an Iwata HP-TH.

Not really an aircraft model, but it is BIG:

big2hbj47.jpg

big3k1jcl.jpg

A true Rosengrant figure! Was very lucky AND happy to grab one more! :punk:

And something somehow more aviation related:

big5jakll.jpg

big6r8jq9.jpg

Same size, only the base is smaller.

This was a bit like Xmas and birthday combined today :yahoo:

Regards

- dutik

15 hours ago, dutik said:

Not really an aircraft model, but it is BIG:

A true Rosengrant figure! Was very lucky AND happy to grab one more! :punk:

And something somehow more aviation related:

Same size, only the base is smaller.

This was a bit like Xmas and birthday combined today :yahoo:

Regards

- dutik

Jeezzz they bring back memories Dutik!......I had the Fallschirmjäger one, but for the life of me I dont know whatever happened to it, lost in a move or something, I'm not sure, ...they are big figures, thats for sure!

8 hours ago, Gazzas said:

Building one now....    not quite so happy with it.

Why is that? I've read it's a bit unnecessarily complex, but aside from that, most comments have been favorable.

8 hours ago, Gazzas said:

Regarding LSP's at QMHE...   there were no deals to be had...   unless you're talking large scale Panzers

Got some books, too.

Excellent deals on the Panzer IV and Panther, and hard to go wrong with the Kagero Monographs. I'm reviewing the brand new Tomcat volume right now. The StuG book is on my Amazon list for "one of these days". Congrats, Gazz.

13 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

Why is that? I've read it's a bit unnecessarily complex, but aside from that, most comments have been favorable.

Thank you! 

Well...   I bought an impressive amount of AM for it.  Like 3X what I paid for the kit.  And it still wasn't enough.   It's very inaccurate.    Here is my list:

1.  Spinner wrong.  Replaced with AM.  I'm satisfied.

2.  Propeller blades wrong with generic shape.  Replaced with AM.  I'm satisfied.

3.  Fuselage bumps over MG 131 breeches wrong.  Replaced with AM.  I'm satisfied.

4.  MG 131 troughs too close together.  Replaced with AM.  I'm satisfied.

5.  Hugely thick raised detail on all control surfaces.  Sanded smooth and added small stitch detail.  OK with it.

6.  Wing bulges raised toward the outside instead of inside.  Bought the AM, but the AM was out of profile on the starboard wing, and two corners of the port wing didn't meet up with the kit wings.  Reshaped them with CA and prodigious amounts of sanding. 

7.  Flaps too narrow.  Widened with card.  Still not totally happy with fit.  Alteration of wing parts required.

8.  Huge raised detail where wingtips fit to wings.  Sanded it off. 

9.  The killer.  The forward lower wing profile is hugely inaccurate.  It sweeps up too quickly.  Here is the G4 at Speyer:

Bf-109G-4_0011.jpg

Note the smooth transition from wing to fuselage and on to the other wing.

Now, here is my WIP:

CfIJQl.jpg

I used light from one side only, allowing shadows and shapes to be seen.

nXU3Q2.jpg

rml7lU.jpg

Now this....    I just don't have the will to fix.  I'm not sure if it's all wing, part wing, part fuselage, or how far I would have to go to make it a seamless fix.

Honestly...   I get so sick of hearing:  "We don't need another 109".  We do...  because what we have is wrong.

Edited by Gazzas