Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

On 8/1/2021 at 9:14 PM, dutik said:

Got this: Zotz Roundels of the world part 2 - Southern Africa. Long OOP now!

imgp40236kk1s.jpg

imgp402497jaj.jpg

Lots of fancy roundels and flashes for lots of fancy African air forces! :punk:

Many thanks to our member @dutchie for selling me this set :thumbsup:

Regards

- dutik

glad I could help you:D

5 hours ago, Winnie said:

lol

I knew I was pushing it but I went back to Hobby Haven today. There was one more thing I couldn’t pass up, a 1/18th Pegasus Fi-103/V-1 for $25. As a precaution, I applied a fake twirled mustache with a sharpie and affected a French accent. Even though the kit wasn’t on the discount shelves, they rang it up for $20 plus change. 

I calmly walked to my Ford, drove away at precisely the local speed limit and got pulled-over by the cops because celebratory gunfire on the roadways is illegal in Rhode Island, apparently. “Not in France, monsieur,” I said. Now I’m in jail.

lf anyone wants to make the others jealous, Hobby Haven in Pawtucket, Rhode Island, has a 1/32 Tamiya Mosquito FB Mk.VI “Export Version” with clear cowling panels for $170. I’ll post a shoutout for the shop in General Discussion later. They have stuff.

Adam

29 minutes ago, adameliclem said:

lf anyone wants to make the others jealous, Hobby Haven in Pawtucket, Rhode Island, has a 1/32 Tamiya Mosquito FB Mk.VI “Export Version” with clear cowling panels for $170. I’ll post a shoutout for the shop in General Discussion later. They have stuff.

Adam

Great, I'll drive right up there and snatch one.

7 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

K2,

that is a serious amount of Tora, Tora, Tora!  
Enjoy

Indeed it is, Rick. Ever since I mangled the Doyusha kit, I've been wanting another A6M2, either 1:32 or 1:24, and it will be a machine from one of the three carrier groups, probably the Hiryu (or Kaga).

I've always wanted an A-7 Corsair II kit, ever since I flipped through every page in that big Tamiya catalogue as a kid, showing all their models painted and all, the jets in 1:48 and the ships in 1:350 scale as I remember it.

This kit ofc has a more correct jet intake and presumably a correct canopy, which is why I eventually got this from my local hobby shop. Seems hard to get online, but to my surprise, it was always there in the hobby store.

I recently learned that the A-7 Corsair II is a more modern development from the earlier, and not-that-fun-to-look-at-jet I think, hm, the Crusader.

a7.jpg

The kit below is my entry to 1:32 scale. I just don't have the shelf space, but I figured this one does fit inside my glass cabinet. :) I won't miss Kitty Hawk, not after their 1:48 UH-1D release, not happy about that one. Also, you might want to check out the movie Sky Fighters (French movie), which features the Mirage 2000 jet.

kh.jpg

Edited by Treehugger